ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Method for Chemical Store

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benpate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Method for Chemical Store
    Posted: 11-December-2008 at 9:34pm
Hi, I am setting up a store to sell cleaning supplies. The chemicals will be sold in 1 gallon, Case of (4) 1 gallon jugs, 5 gallon pale and 55 gallon drum. I first started using the attribute feature and I think it looks a little weird in the shopping cart how it adds to the base price instead of just showing the price of the item selected. So in other words, if the 1 gallon is $19 and the 5 gallon pale is $85 then it says $19 and then has $66 underneath. Instead of just showing $85.

The other option is to create a category for the product name and then just have an individual product for 1 gallon, 5 gallon etc. similar to www.qtoner.us/Xerox-Phaser-8860-Ink

Does anyone have any other ideas or comments? I would prefer to just use the attribute method or something similar.

Thanks!
ProductCart SEO - Resellers and Affiliates welcome
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2008 at 9:45pm
Ben, this client had me alter the code to show the net discount price instead of the percentage or amount off.  It was really just a matter of doing the math and displaying the results:

Given the technical level of some of your responses, I get the idea that you are an experienced coder.  If so, you would probably be able to accomplish a similar result without a great deal of difficulty.
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2008 at 3:31pm
Set the base price to $0, and then the rest accordingly.  I've been doing it for some time now and it looks nice and works well with our customers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic