ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Referral Code Tracking for Affiliates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Hearts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Referral Code Tracking for Affiliates
    Posted: 12-January-2009 at 9:17pm
It would be very cool to have a referral code capability where customers could enter a referral code (possibly an affiliate ID disguised as a referral code) during checkout so that the affiliate can get credit for referral sales.  Referral codes could be published or broadcasted by affiliates in a variety of media to generate sales commissions. Ideally the referral code could be linked to a coupon (i.e. free shipping, $5.00 off, etc.) to provide incentive for the customer to use the referral code.   So, how soon will this feature be ready?!

Thanks,
Mike
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2009 at 10:02pm
Hi Mike,
    ProductCart has Affiliate capabilities built in. Take a look at :- http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/productcart/affiliates-overview
You can also use the "referrer" field in the checkout options to cover the offline links from affiliates, although of course you rely on customers selecting their referrer. There's also nothing to stop you utilizing coupons for this as well that I can think of. the caveat on the referrer and coupon routes is you will have to calculate the applicabe reward for the affiliate, but reports on sales for those are both available.  
2Hearts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Hearts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2009 at 7:11pm
Hamish,

Thanks for your reply. I'll study your suggestions and see where it goes.

Regards,

Mike
Moondog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moondog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2009 at 12:22pm
Hi Mike,

Did you ever come up with a solution to your request?  I have a very similar situation in which a brick and mortar store is very interested in referring my web site, but can only do it with a brochure that would have a referral/discount code on it that the customer would key in at checkout on my site.  As a reward for keying in the code, the customer would get a discount on their purchase.  If it was tied to an affiliate code, the affiliate would automatically get credit for the referral.

Thanks
Glen
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2009 at 1:01pm
IIRC, affiliate code is just a session variable that is established when the visitor first arrives with a properly formed URL (with affiliate code).

It would not be a big trick to place such a field on the login.asp page, then capture that on a form submit and throw it into the session variable.  Once that is done, I don't think there is more to be done - the affiliate code would then be treated normall throughout the rest of the application.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2009 at 1:06pm
Hi, 
   There is already a "referred by" field, which you could use to capture the info, but the code to then generate the affiliate reference from it would need to be created. 
EYAGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2009 at 1:10pm
Hi Glen,

Yes I did come up with a solution and a developer coded it for me. I'd be glad to tell you how it works off-line. Send me your e-mail so that we can hook up.

Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic