ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Code to create categories menu with expanding subs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Code to create categories menu with expanding subs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onotoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Code to create categories menu with expanding subs
    Posted: 13-February-2009 at 2:58pm
Hi Guys,

Has anyone created some code or modified the code:

Dynamic Navigation (ProductCart v2.76):
  • Expand/collapse categories & subcategories

We've tried this code with V3.51 but it throws all sorts of errors in pages.

Any information greatly appreciated.  It'll save us 're-inventing the wheel' if someone has already done some work on this.

Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 3:04pm
I am well accustomed to altering that code in v3, but have not looked at the v2 code in a long time.  What exactly do you want to do?
onotoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onotoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 3:36pm
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply

Just like this menu in the leftbar (which just uses the script as is)

http://www.gpsinstallations.co.uk/shop/pc/viewcategories.asp - but you can see one of the errors in the main page area.

Best wishes

onotoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onotoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 3:42pm

Hi Greg,

I'm not sure whether I've made myself clear?  I want to use the expanding subs menu code created for v2.73 with the site that uses v3.51 version of ProductCart.

Best Wishes

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 3:51pm
If you mean the errors like :
Our Products: Security Equipment > CCTV Warning Signs

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'

Object required

/shop/pc/pcShowCatDiscIcon.asp, line 17

That's not from the menu, it looks like there are errors related to your upgrade.
I suggest switching off your store straight away, it's non functioning anyway as far as I can tell.
Carefully check you followed all the upgrade steps, that all the files were uploaded OK and the DB update ran OK. Also that you have the permissions set correctly for the folders. If you still can't resolve the issue then please raise a support ticket.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 3:58pm
So are you saying you wish to use the V2 style category navigation on a V3 store?
onotoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onotoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 4:02pm
Hi,

I did put a support ticket through - but the ProductCart guys said the errors were due to our code and we'd need to fix this first.

Thanks

Dave
onotoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onotoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 4:03pm
Yes, we just want to use the V2 style menu code with V3.52 - unless there is something better?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 5:14pm
Dave - Hamish and I are debating still over precisely what you are asking for.   That's probably already clear, but let me re-state for clarity.

The v2 generated menu has a slightly different visual appearance and operation, and the v3 menu added the +- icons.  We note that you have the v3 menus in the store you linked to above.  So I apologize for repeating the question, but you do want to substitute the v3 menu that is there now and run the v2 menu?

Assuming that is the case, any of the developers around here, myself included, could likely set up your site to accomodate such a request.  If you wish us to work on this for you please e-mail me directly.

Hamish points out that it appears something has gone badly while upgrading your store.  If you have a backup of the v2 store, and wish assitance in resolving the upgrade, we might be able to assist.
onotoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onotoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 5:18pm
Hi Hamish, Greg,

We've really no preference at all, all we need is a collapsible menu and the store working fine.  The V3 menu would be absolutely fine, but we just loaded the code from the EI site (which is flagged as being V2.75)

Best Wishes

Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic