ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multi-language support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
leeflang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leeflang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2009 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Greg Dinger Greg Dinger wrote:

FWIW, here is a store that is supporting Spanish:  www.ybravo.com

I tested that site, but it uses Google Translate (as a linguist and software localizer I do not recommend that at all for a serious business) and, when clicking on the language logo to switch the translation url also fails.
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
Peter http://208.112.123.87/LeeFlang/Default.aspx (site under development)
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2009 at 1:40pm
FWIW, here is a store that is supporting Spanish:  www.ybravo.com
leeflang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leeflang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2009 at 1:33pm
We sell our products about 35% outside the USA and that market is growing.

Multi-language support is a must for many reasons, like differences in formatting and calculation of time, date, weight, amount, currency, weight  etc. different character sets, misunderstandings due to buyer's limited English skills, etc.

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
Peter http://208.112.123.87/LeeFlang/Default.aspx (site under development)
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2009 at 1:23pm
Let me add my "German" mustard to this.  I'm not in desperate need of it, plus my store is in the USA so the main language should be English.  Yet, I'm an importer of German gift items and serve the German-American community.  In that regard it would make all sense to have it.  I would love to see this option, and I will use it if available.  So my support for this feature is here, but I can continue without it too.

Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
Sangano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sangano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2009 at 1:03pm
Oh woe is me...  The dilemma is that I need multi-language support, but I love ProductCart. 

EI:  I know this subject has been brought up in the past, but how hard would it be for EI to implement multi-language support in PC?  I ask this because (1) it would be a great thing to have to address multiple markets, and (2) there are projects that I have in the pipeline that require multi-language support.  As it stands now, it looks like I'll have to use something other than PC for these projects.  Can someone at EI tell me if there is anything in the works that may enable multi-language support in the future?  I know it won't be in time for my current requirements, but to have the option in the future would be fantastic.

I came upon an example in CRE Loaded's demo page that shows the control panel options on the product configuration pages of their system.  It's interesting (though I don't like CRE in general).  There are tabs for setting the description, options etc. in various languages. 

At any rate, some feedback from the EI staff on this issue would be greatly appreciated.  Again, I'd love to know that this is something you're working on addressing.  (Fingers crossed.)

Best regards - Alan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic