ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with version 4 upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianRoden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with version 4 upgrade
    Posted: 02-November-2009 at 12:24pm
I upgraded our in-house test server to version 4 last week. Everything went smoothly. Today I updated our live site. Everything appeared to work fine, no errors. Database schema upgrade went OK. Turned on keyword-rich URLs (including proper IIS7 setting updates). Turned the store back on (I have double-check it twice in the control panel), but when I try to go to the site, it is displaying the store closed message still.
BrianRoden View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianRoden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2009 at 12:47pm
Found the problem. New header.asp and footer.asp had not been uploaded to live server. I had modified them in the original folder on the in-house test web server, but the files I uploaded were in a version4 folder where I edited files that came in the update to sync customizations (CSS styles, languages.asp, etc.) . Since the header and footer files were not in the new file set, they weren't in the folder I used for uploading.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianRoden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2009 at 1:01pm
Now there's another problem.

Our store only sells digital download products (e-books in PDF format). So there is no shipping. But when I try to check out, I get a pop-up message:

No shipping rates were returned for your order. The shipping provider's server may be unavailable at this time. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists please contact us so that we can look into the issue and complete your order.

and it won't let me finish placing the order.

I've double-checked the shipping settings.  Shipping address is disabled (billing address=shipping address), and I checked the box to "Allow customers to complete order if no shipping rates are returned." Still can't complete checkout.
JamesD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2009 at 11:14am
Yes, I'm having the same issue with that "No shipping rates were returned..." message.
JamesD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2009 at 11:15am
BTW, this is on a fresh install of version 4.0.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianRoden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2009 at 11:17am
What's your server version? Things ran fine on our Win 2003 test server on our network, but the problem surfaced on the Win2008 production server at the hosting company.

Download the patch at http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/updates/v4_patch2. They made some changes to fix my issue, and said they have incorporated it in this patched set of files.
JamesD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2009 at 11:36am
That did the trick, thanks!

I checked for updates previously, but did not realize that there were also these patches available too... Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic