ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with Drop Ship Status

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-April-2010 at 9:59am
For anyone following this post...

There wasn't such a quick fix.  Good news is that EI have pegged this for an upcoming release so I will await in anticipation.

Mat
mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2010 at 7:42am

Just to add.... when sds_viewPast.asp is revisited on a future release it might be an idea to have pagination for when a drop shipper has a lot of orders.  We have drop shippers with a growing list of orders and I imagine they will get hit with page load issues within a few months.  Another option may be to make the the archived order exclusion as mentioned in previous post a standard update.

Thanks
Matt
DebbieID View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DebbieID Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2010 at 9:25am
Again, I would agree.  We do have many dropshippers that have a page of orders a mile long.  The idea to move them to an "archived" location in the dropshipper screen is a great idea; then the dropshippers only see recent, current or outstanding orders.  And once the store administrator has archived them, they should not need to be accessed again, although a link to that dropshippers archived orders would be helpful, especially in situations where a customer needs an order reshipped due to a problem and the dropshipper needs to look up the order.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2010 at 6:45pm
Drop-shipping support in ProductCart is a pretty cool feature set, so we are happy to improve things where we can.

To sum up recommendations for ProductCart v4.1:

(1) Handle status separately at the drop-shipper level
We should save Order ID, Drop Shipper ID, and Order Status in a separate table so that it can be tracked and displayed separately. This is really just a display issue for the drop-shipper. It does not matter to the store manager.

(2) Add pagination
This refers to the same page (the page where drop-shippers see a list of orders that pertain to them). Definitely makes sense.

(3) Order archiving
Ability for drop-shippers to hide orders that they are "done" with.

Correct?

Not sure that we'll be able to add everything for v4.1, but we'll do our best. The first 2 should be there for sure.

By the way: we just received a message from a Certified ProductCart Developer that is testing a new "Multiple Ship-From Locations Shipping Calculator" (not the official name, just a name we made up), which will dynamically calculate shipping charges based on each drop-shipper location and the products in the shopping cart that pertain to it, and then discount the total shown to the customer based on a few variables (so the customer does not pay for the sum of all shipments, if you don't want them to). More to come...
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
benpate View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benpate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2010 at 10:28pm
Nice!
ProductCart SEO - Resellers and Affiliates welcome
mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2010 at 2:04am
The drop shippers toolset is indeed one of the coolest features in PC and your 3 point summary nails the only obvious improvements from our pespective.

The first 2 in the list are the most critical for us and I will be over the moon if these make V4.1

With regards the third point.  I wonder whether it would be possible to have the order hide automatically by default when a drop shipper has shipped all his / her items on that order.  This may only be a personal preference so dont worry if not.  If you introduce Order ID, Drop Shipper ID, and Order Status into the DB table then this would open up opportunities for store owners to tweak the Drop Shippers display to their own business preferences.

Great news, 

Thanks
Matt
DebbieID View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DebbieID Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-April-2010 at 10:04am
I, too, am enthusiastic about the proposed dropshipper updates.  I would agree that the third item (archiving) is the lower priority of these three.  However, my original thought on this was that when the store administrator archived the order, it would be archived for the dropshipper, with a link to view archived orders on the dropshipper screen.  I don't know if this makes the programming any easier . . .

I'm also excited to hear about the potential new shipping calculator that may be potentially available.  This is an area we have struggled with, as it's difficult to calculate fair rates across the board for customers when you have multiple dropshippers involved in an order.
RedLeafDev View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedLeafDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-April-2010 at 2:41pm
Thank you EI for the nice "teaser" - we have just released an Add-on which allows you to calculate shipping from the drop shipper's location.

You can find it by going to this page: http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/widgets/thirdparty/calculate_shipping_from_drop_shipper. There is an example here and quite a bit of information. It is available for all builds, version 3.51 and above.

Amy
Red Leaf Development

www.redleafdevelopment.com
mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2011 at 3:59am
I have only just upgraded to V4.1 but would just like to pass my thanks on to EI for the enhancements to what was already an excellent drop shipping facility in Productcart.  The more accurate drop shipper order status and orde history pagination address the concerns I raised at the start of this thread perfectly.

Many Thanks
Matt
DebbieID View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DebbieID Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2011 at 7:43am
I, too, am enjoying the new dropshipper upgrades.  I do have a question/suggestion, though.  A fairly recent upgrade to the control panel was the ability to split apart the quantity of an item being shipped if it was shipping in two packages for some reason (i.e., the customer ordered 2, one is in stock so it is shipped, the second is shipped at a later time).  I had assumed that the dropshippers had this feature as well, but recently when I logged into a dropshipper account, that did not seem to be the case.  Should that functionality be added as well?  The dropshipper ends up either having to mark neither one as shipped, or marking them both as shipped, which removes the order from the outstanding list.

Does anyone have any insight on this?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic