ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WordPress in ProductCart site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 1:50am
Hi Joe,

You can't very well merge PC with WP, as one application is ASP and the other PHP. That being said, PC does have a widget you can plug into your WordPress blog.

What you need to do is install the WP blog as either a subdirectory or a sub-domain. Then, if you want PC and WP to look the same, you create a WP theme for that.

There are ways to get certain portions of your WP blog to display within ProductCart,but that would be through variations on RSS feed, not source files as you can't run ASP and PHP on the same web page.
BlackReefDesigns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackReefDesigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2010 at 1:38am
Hello,

So I am new to 'blogs', and am looking how to setup .php-based wordpress into a ProductCart site.

In my searching on how to integrate Wordpress into an existing website, it looks as though you have to convert the actual blog page to .php to get it to work, however I have seen Productcart stores that are running wordpress blogs.  I've searched both google and this site on 'productcart wordpress' and the results have been minimal.  I have come across the product blog widget in the EI wiki, but it looks as if this is built for blogs already setup.

I already have the Wordpress software installed and activated on the server, and currently resides at domain.com/blog (/blog subdirectory).

Ideally, I would like to have the blog appear between the header/footer.asp files on the blog page. 

If somebody could point me in the right direction that would be great,
thank you
-J

Joe S.
BlackReef.net
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic