Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Perfect Home Page

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2011 at 1:22am
Hi Matt, we have not worked on this yet. Many ProductCart customers asked us to prioritize other projects.

There are many stores, however, that have implemented sliders on the home page. Since jQuery is built into ProductCart, you can rather easily introduce a jQuery-based slider. There are many.

For example, take AzarDisplays, a ProductCart-powered store with a slider on the home page: they appear to be using a slider called "Anythingslider".
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2011 at 1:31am
We put a slider on www.sndkids.com.  IIRC it reads the products marked as "featured" in the admin.  We could do that for other clients who might need a similar mod.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2013 at 10:49pm
Thanks to a spam post this mornig on this thread from last year, it came back to my attention. 

Last year we released what I think is a very nice solution here: our Home Page Sliders and Carousels.

It enables one to display any set of Featured, Special, New Arrivals and/or Best Sellers as either sliders (one product at a time using PC's vertical layout -- just like PC's "Product of the Month") or carousels (groups of products displayed at a time in the horizontal layout common on category pages & such) based on the controls PC already has for showing these products on your home page (no need to change anything in the control panel).

It also has a content slider for the main content area at the top of the page (which does not diminish the use of the content field for the home page in the control panel). Here one can build slides using any HTML content using PC's Content Pages (each slide's content control by a child content page).

We also added a top level category grid (pretty much the same thing as viewcategories.asp default display) one might elect to use on their home page as well.

Meanwhile, all "out of the box" PC options for one's homepage are still readily available. The combinations of what can be done are nearly endless.

You can check it out here:

I can't think of a more comprehensive, easier way to provide so many options to quickly and affordably give one's PC home page these cool features that are so common in contemporary site design.

Edited by Sean@WMS - 21-January-2013 at 10:50pm
M Robles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2013 at 1:18pm
The prefect Home Page - Wish list

0. Multiple home page templates for quick toggles such as holiday pages which can be cloned and scheduled (okay maybe not scheduled but it would be cool).

1. Native Jquery navigation (No more third party referencing, this should be automatic)
 a. GUI to control appearance (Size, color, effects, tiers...)
 b. Toggle switch in "view categories" admin view to add or remove categories to navi
c. Thumbnails optional

2. Slider 100% yes
a. Add fourth image field for both product and categories to toggle usage with slider
b. Slider manager: Width, Height, Speed, Transition, Buttons etc.
c. Slider content manager: Just like content page manager. Add, clone, deactivate, editor, link control, Position...

3. Product showcase carousel manager:
a. Create unlimited showcase carousel: Featured, Recommended, On Sale...
b. Ability to sort, size and position
c. Ability to add/remove products through manager
d. Ability to customize text display such as turning off product name, price, or savings
e. Mouse over effects such as increase size or change background or text color

4. Ad manager - Ability to add advertisement blocks and define them.
a. HTML editor only (for copy and pasting ad such as google adsense)
b. Container control: Size, Z-index, position, link control...

I have added a slider to my homepage using jquery as well a navigation using jquery but it's labor intense and so hard to manage. Updating means I have to relearn what I did before. I think PC should have this built in so I don't have to be a webmaster and instead focus on my business.

http://www.dirtdigits.com

Edited by M Robles - 30-January-2013 at 1:29pm
M Robles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-January-2013 at 1:24pm
Oh and mobile version
joshs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2014 at 3:41pm
Message Center / section.
For other than sales / product information.
Could be called PR feed.

An area for the store manages to display messages:
Such as:
12-25-2013 - Merry Christmas - our webstore remains open but our staff will celebrating the holiday.
1-1-2014 - Happy New Year - our office will be closed.
1-15-2014 - 10pm to 1AM - Website will be closed for 4.7 upgrade .
1-15-2014 - new shipment of surf boards arriving.
2-1-2014 - Order Deadline for July Shipments.

All messages that are useful but don't need a lot of space.
Also the message center could be tied into Twitter and Facebook feeds.
Post once and message could potentially be broadcast to all channels:
- Home Page
- Newsletter
- Email
- Twitter
- Facebook
(checkboxes for broadcast message options)

Thanks
Josh
Josh Shirley
josh@windsurfutah.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic