ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Perfect Home Page

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2010 at 11:17am
I think we should be able to control the images that are in the slider. It should just be like an area of the homepage that can be adjusted in size via code and we can take any image and upload it for use with the slider. Maybe have 3-5 images that will be rotated in the slider. Just having products only helps with certain stores but if it were any image then everyone is happy.
cpgmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2010 at 10:34am
The Dell site is awesome! Excellent design, love the slider effect especially if you could tie it to a special category image like they have...lousy shopping cart.  One of the worst shopping experiences of my life ordering from them.  IMHO  
Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
icamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2010 at 12:48am
Thanks for the opportunity for feedback.

I like the idea of a slider.  Also, I think that you must consider the incorporation of RSS feeds, that today is very useful for maintaining updated to our customers of new products arrivals.
Here's the type of slider I would prefer to see in the next update:

knifepro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knifepro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2010 at 11:37am
I would definitely like to see some changes made to the way the home page is handled.

1. Option of not displaying elements such as Recently View Products, Browse by Price, etc on home page.

2. Would like to see a slider on the option on home page. Here are a couple of sliders I like, http://webdeveloperplus.com/jquery/featured-content-slider-using-jquery-ui/
http://designm.ag/tutorials/image-rotator-css-jquery/
I like being able to add text.

3. Musician's Friend has a nice layout. Really like the way they handle Bestsellers and new arrivals with Sliders.

4. Banners or Blocks sections kind of like drupal does so you can include specials, etc.. in free text. You should be able to control the layout of these sections even if you have to do it in the home page code. Something like include <!--#block1>, etc.

5. Code to include payment methods and Social Sites. Being able to assign pictures to payment methods and check which ones appear. Same thing for  social widgets. This may be something to include everywhere.

Brian

brian@theknifeprofessional.com
brian@heartlandbraidedrugs.com
www.theknifeprofessional.com
www.heartlandbraidedrugs.com
ProductCart v4.7
QuickBooks Sync
Mobile
sdalan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-June-2010 at 1:18pm

We use a slider on our homepage.  We use JQUERYTOOLS:

I see it more as separate content manager with links to products versus a means of displaying the same product content . I could see a slider a la the PC example here for showing off accessories and up-sell items.

I'd love to use more of these tools (tabs, tooltips, more scrollables) throughout the site (any developers interested please let me know because I really want to get up to 4.1 with a new look by fall!). I know there are other solutions but take a look at the jQueryTools demos. Slick!

By the way, the jQueryTools "scrollable" tool is circular - it does not do the rewind the like PC example here. One of my pet peeves! ;-)

Thanks for listening!
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2010 at 7:41am
I'm also using a slider on one of my clients homepages. This is a CSS based slider and I placed it in the ProductCart home page by cut and pasting the source code.

This slider has the ability to embed URL's and add text below it so it's a lot more powerful than this particular example.

I am in the process of adding sliders to 3 other stores at the request of my customers so there is a demand for it.

In V4.1 I'd like to see a simple way to add featured products, new arrivals and best sellers in the right hand column in a similar way to how recently viewed products are added with an include file.

Nigel
Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2010 at 7:46am
More on the slider:

Staples, Dell and Office Depot are all using Flash for their sliders.

If it's going to be manageable on the home page it will need to be coded in a way to allow the image selection from the control or the html editor.

Nigel
Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2010 at 10:17pm
EasySlider is a great slider and easy to implement. It uses image files for the slides, but you could probably use HTML. I've used image maps to achieve multiple links on one slide. You can see it comes built in with this theme:

http://www.hellothemes.com/demo/?theme=hellominty

*edit*

Tested, hmtl works fine in the slides. It uses javascript + css

http://cssglobe.com/post/5780/easy-slider-17-numeric-navigation-jquery-slider

Edited by Brett - 03-June-2010 at 10:19pm
caughlan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caughlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2010 at 6:33pm
If I get back in developing for clients (right now I'm taking time off to do my own project) I know they would want a simple built-in slider feature (until that trend dies out at least) and be able to turn home page boxes on/off easily.

While not just specific to the home page, I've noticed people mentioning RSS integration, and I'd love to see that built in.

S.

mattprice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattprice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2011 at 3:55am
I was wondering whether EI were still looking to make changes to Productcart's standard Home Page features ?
I was looking to spruce up my site with an image slider and notice that this was one of the main topics of conversation in this thread of last summer ?

Thanks
Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic