ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Payment Options Limitations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Payment Options Limitations
    Posted: 07-May-2010 at 10:21am
Hello,

I would like to see in PC 4.1 and option with a limitation in the CP to which customers will see every payment option, like actually is included in the current version of PC with the shipping options. 

Thanks.

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 10:41am
How do you envision this working. What sort of rules do you wish to enforce?
icamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 11:02am

Greg:

I'll give you an example: One of the payment options that we offer is Western Union, but i don't want that the customers in my country pay your orders with this option.  I need Western Union only for international customers.  The rules must be the same like actually are for the shipping options.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 11:22am

This would not be particularly difficult as a custom mod in case you want this sooner than 4.1, or in case EI is unable to offer such a feature in 4.1.

If you don't mind a somewhat hard-coded and restrictive implementation, all you have to do is add some logic to test for your country (whatever that might be) and use IF logic to dictate which options appear or not. Optionally, you could have a checkbox on the admin screens that say "don't offer to intl". 

E-mail me directly if you would like to discuss such a project.
icamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 11:29am
Thanks Greg.  That's Ok.  The payment option must be considered with the customer billing address.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 11:49am
I understand that it needs to be associated with the billing address.  That's how I would approach it. 

Perhaps EI will weigh in on this and let you khow if such a feature is likely.  They have a lot of requests and only build into PC those features that have widespread appeal.  Their response would help you measure whether or not your requested feature would become part of a future release.  I have an idea that their plans for 4.1 are fairly well defined at this point due to their planned release schedule.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic