ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Importing and Subproducts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClothingAttic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Importing and Subproducts
    Posted: 31-December-2010 at 10:26pm
Hi Everyone,

We are fairly new to PC and acutally purchased it last year.  Due to some issues with family we had to delay.

I have done a lot of reading on here and was wondering if anyone know how I can get what we need done.

We currently have about 1300 Parent products to import with those parent products carrying a combined total of 26k sub products. 

From what we can tell by playing with PC and in the Wiki, the Atrributes are uploaded with the partent products, then assigned when the subproducts are uploaded.  This is where our problem come in.  For the files we get from one of our vendors, they break down parent products on one line, and the each sub product has its own line with the attributes there.  They do not list all attribues with the parent products.

Parent Example:
SKU     Number Display Name UPC Size Color Price MSRP Description
WID Widgets       7.2800 9.99 Works with Anything

Sub Product Example:
SKU  Number Display Name UPC Size Color Price MSRP Description

WID Large Blue Widget 00010       Large Blue 7.2800 9.99 Large Blue
WID Small Gree Widget 00020 Small Green 7.2800 9.99 Small Green

I hope this makes sense to everyone and hope someone has a solution as I cant see myslef manually updating the spreadsheet to cover every sub product for each of the 1300 parents

Thanks in advance
Adam

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-January-2011 at 2:15am
I have a team member who is particularly adept at Excel macros.  If there is a set of patterns and rules that could be documented, she could produce a macro that could potentially update the spreadsheet as if you had done so manually.  Her macros have resulted in saving a great deal of manual effort in the past.
ClothingAttic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClothingAttic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-January-2011 at 12:31pm
Hi Greg,

Thank you for such a quick response.  Could you please give me an estimate on price range based on the info I provided.  We get updates from this vendor once a week with stock levels and product updates.  If this works we may need assistance with other vendors that we have yet to try in PC.

Thanks again
Adam

Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-January-2011 at 12:43pm
We're going to need to discuss this and look at your materials carefully in order to form a plan, and then a quote.  Please call me after the weekend.  See my site for contact info.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic