ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Search Engine Optimization
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

landing page question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayv3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: landing page question
    Posted: 14-February-2011 at 11:29pm

Hi,

I want to write a few information pages (landing pages) that appear with the header,
footer and navigation of the store, like a regular product does.

I do not want the pages to appear in the stores navigation but I do want them to appear in the store map.

Is this possible?  and if so, how?

Dave

Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2011 at 5:32am
Go to:
http://www.yoursite.com/store/youradminfolder/cmsAddEdit.asp

Here you can create a content page, which can contain any HTML code you want. Go to the Settings tab and scroll down to check "Exclude from Content Pages navigation".

Then, you should be able to view the page and it should show up on the site map, but not the content pages navigation. Let me know if that works out for you.
Dayv3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayv3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2011 at 5:54am

Is this accessible from the control panel?

or do I need to get it from the external link you gave?

Dave
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2011 at 5:55am
The link I gave demonstrates the location of the file on your site. It isn't a working link. Access the location through the Admin navigation by going to Pages > Add New Content Page.
Dayv3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayv3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2011 at 5:57am
okay thanks

Dayv3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayv3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2011 at 6:09am
okay, I logged into the control panel and found wha tyou spoke of under settings > manage content pages but when I scrolled down the click box choices are: Active and include store header and footer.

I could not find the "Exclude from Content Pages navigation" that you spoke of.

Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2011 at 6:11am
Here it is on my site:

What version of ProductCart are you using?

Edited by Brett - 15-February-2011 at 6:11am
Dayv3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayv3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2011 at 6:13am
version 3.51
 I am guessing that you are using version 4.1
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2011 at 6:22am
Yeah, 4.1. I'd suggest upgrading, it's definitely worth it. In the meantime, you can probably achieve what you want by doing this:

First, go to this page and read about making a custom content page using the store's header and footer.
http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/developers/custom_store_map_page?s[]=header&s[]=asp&s[]=footer

Next, since you want the page to appear in the store map, you'll need to do two things. First, generate the store map from the admin navigation at Settings > Images & Navigation > Generate Store Map.

That page should say something like:
Note that the page will be saved to the following location: /pc/catalog/StoreMap.html

So, you'll want to run that page to generate the store map, then manually edit that StoreMap.html after it's been generated to add the location of the custom page you just created. The StoreMap.html page won't be overwritten unless you re-run the page to generate the store map again, at which point you'll need to manually add that custom page once more.
Dayv3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayv3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2011 at 6:30am
I will try that but I am also wondering what active means. 
By not checking active is that the same thing as checking "Exclude from Content Pages navigation?" 

A few tests will figure that out but, if need be I can edit the storemap.html if need to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic