ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Customize Contact Us Page with Drop Down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Customize Contact Us Page with Drop Down
    Posted: 28-May-2011 at 8:27pm
I need to add a drop down field to the contact us page, but am not having any luck. The drop down is for users to select why they are contacting us eg. Order not received, Product enquiry, Site feedback etc. Can anyone give me some pointers what I need to add to the code?

I have so far add this line to the languages.asp file
dictLanguage.Add "english_Contact_11",   "Why are you contacting us?"

I have added these lines to the form
<td valign="top"><%response.write dictLanguage.Item(Session("language")&"_Contact_11")%></td>
                      <td valign="top"><p>
                        <select name="Subject" id="Subject" value="<%=pcf_FillFormField ("SubjectOptions", pcv_isSubjectRequired) %>">
                          <option value="order_eta">I have not received my order</option>
                          <option value="order_change">I wish to cancel or change my order</option>
                          <option value="order_return">I wish to return an order</option>
                          <option value="order_wrong">I have received the wrong book</option>
                          <option value="order_damaged">My order arrived damaged</option>
                          <option value="enquiry">Product enquiry</option>
                          <option value="feedback">Site feedback</option>
                        </select>
                        <% pcs_RequiredImageTag "MsgTitle", pcv_isTitleRequired %>
                      </p></td>
                  </tr>

I have edited this
msg=getUserInput(request.querystring("msg"),0)

pcv_isNameRequired=True
pcv_isEmailRequired=True
pcv_isTitleRequired=True
pcv_isBodyRequired=True
pcv_isSubjectRequired=True

I have edited the sendmail in contact.asp
call sendmail (CustName,CustEmail,scFrmEmail,MsgTitle,Subject,MsgBody)

and assume I have a few more places I need to add it into. Can anyone help?

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2011 at 8:44pm
I can't get into directing you line by line, here in the forum, as to altering a complex page such as contact.asp. 

I will guide you, however, in saying that you should not make the change you made to the sendmail parameter list. Do that here, and even if you have made the appropriate matching change in the function itself, you will have broken every other part of the application that sends mail.

Better approach is to concatenate the new value into the message body string so that you don't tamper with the format by which you call sendmail.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic