ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attributes Code

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaydubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attributes Code
    Posted: 25-November-2011 at 5:22pm
Hello All!
 New to PC and new to the forum. I am trying to put together an XLS file for upload and I am not sure if I am understanding this correctly.

I want to create a worksheet to upload my options and attributes for products. So I have columns from the template file found in the wiki in my sheet:
  • Option 1
  • Attributes 1
  • Option 1 Requuired
 and this repeats to Option 5. For my first option (Color), am I correct that I add all the colors that I want in the Attributes 1 column? and would I add it like this?

red*black*blue*white*gray
and so on?

Also in the Apparel Add-on, there is a section for "Attribute Code" I would like to add shortened color codes, so that black would look like "blk" and so on, is there a way for me to do this in my XLS sheet? Do I add another column to my excel sheet named "Attribute Codes 1"? or something else?

Again, I am new to PC so please forgive me if this is a repeat question but I was not able to find answers in this forum or the wiki.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-Kim
kaydubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaydubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2011 at 8:21pm
Ok, playing around with it more, I was able to upload my file via FTP (yes, I made sure to clear formats and everything under XLS and CVS extensions). Then used the wizard to upload my file.

I am guessing, the answer is no I cannot just have the options columns only to update options and attributes, must I make a dummy item in order to enable this?

Here are some screen shots.

Excel sheet and columns - http://screencast.com/t/3YIwPnZDh

Will update this as progress follows.

kaydubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaydubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2011 at 9:36pm
Sorry for all the noobness! So I have my file uploaded with all the colors I wanted for my products but I was not able to figure out a way to enter the "Attributes Code", the column in the database was not made available to me during mapping. Is there a way around this or will I be manually entering in the PC Control Panel for now?

Thanks!
rufustrunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufustrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2012 at 11:01am
I hear you, i personally have been trying to figure out how to make the apparel module work for 2 years and still haven't gotten it figured out yet....

I keep working on it every now and then but it usually ends up in disaster unfortunately.  

We keep trying though.....

One of these days we might get it....
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2012 at 11:08am
APP add on not difficult.  What's your question?  If too dificult to deal with in forum, a brief consulting session normally resolves any problems understanding that application.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufustrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2012 at 3:18pm
Here is one thing we can't figure out....and it drives us crazy...

For instance,

Right now we have an apparel module item and we want the price to show up in the sub-products line but we can't figure out how to do that.

Probably the biggest item is that we need to redevelop the site and put some data in different places so it makes sense to the customer.

All I know is that we know exactly what we want and how we want it to look, but nobody seems to be able to do it.

We hired a new developer company and I'm pretty confident that they understand what we want and hopefully they will be able to get it done.

We'll see.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2012 at 3:33pm

you will make it easier to get help if you post a link to the product you are referring to.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufustrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2012 at 12:58pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufustrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2012 at 1:03pm
See, it's stuff like this....

We sell rope, and some of the rope can be purchased in pre-determined lengths. In this case 120, 150, etc foot lengths.

So when a customer selects the pull down length box they get to see the length, but the price ins't in there.... Even though it pops up in the "Price" area they still call us and ask how much the price is.

Then, as you can see by the image above, this one has an add on price of $100 that we cant figure out how to remove, even though we took the price off the options list.

So really, if we could get the price to be right by the size of the rope on the drop down menu that would be great.

I get complaints on this all the time....they tell me other sites have it.....

Anyway, I'm not sure that this is even possible with Early Impact but I sure hope so!!!!

Any ideas guys?

Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2012 at 1:26pm
This store is NOT using the Apparel Add-On, but I think that what we did with this product (for example) probably meets what you are asking for.

If that is what you are looking for, please contact me directly at my site.  The above is a v3.51 store, and we would have to develop the appropriate code to run in your version with the APP code.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic