ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

# of products/lines in an order

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2012 at 11:04am
That's great!
We have it at 250 items now in our live cart, and when placing a 249-item order, it doesn't cause any visible spike in resources.  The customer does go briefly (about 1 second) to a blank white window after it's done saying it's processing, before it continues to the order confirmation, so we have a small warning next to our "place order" button, about carts with over 100 lines.  
In our (much slower) test cart, that delay was 5+ seconds.
~~ R&T systems director
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2012 at 4:36pm
I'm happy to report that we've completed testing large carts up to 1000 individual items in the cart. The only adverse effect was that at this size it took just over 2 minutes to process from One Page Checkout to Order Complete.

We feel that it is reasonable for wholesalers placing such large orders (and yes, we have a client who does indeed need this capacity) to wait for this. We will mitigate against it with an animated progress bar.

Every other aspect of these large orders worked fine.

Frankly, I can hardly believe it! I really didn't expect to get all the way to 1000 without any timeouts or other issues.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2012 at 11:38am
I think it is a matter of a good hosting environment. Big smile

Edited by Hamish - 11-November-2012 at 11:38am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic