ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Conflict Management
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hide rather than "gray out" unavailable options?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hide rather than "gray out" unavailable options?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote menuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hide rather than "gray out" unavailable options?
    Posted: 13-March-2013 at 3:23pm
Is there a mechanism to hide rather than "gray out" unavailable selections in a drop down list where conflict management has disabled a selection during a BTO product configuration. I know the apparel sub-products have a built in feature that allows such a "hiding" option and I believe I have seen a toggle character in a page code in the past in a wiki or a posting however I am unable to locate any reference now to hiding unavailable selections.We would rather hide selections rather than gray out on some or all products.

Is anyone aware of a simple way to hide the unavailable selections?
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2013 at 6:56pm
Find the CSS that's greying them out and modify it to display: none
menuman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote menuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2013 at 9:09pm
Thanks. I'll see if I can identify that code in the style sheet. I assumed it was a toggle in the asp code for the page based on how the apparel option display used to work as I understood it
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2013 at 9:28pm
Link your site and I'll identify it. Use chrome and right click on it, and press Inspect Element.

Generally, learn to use the developer tools and you will find that they save you countless hours.
menuman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote menuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2013 at 8:03am
Thanks for your generous offer. The site is not public yet but is an upgrade to our live site and is under construction on a development server. I have used the chrome developers tools before although infrequently, so I will give this a shot and see if I can identify it. I really appreciate your response and will hopefully be able to resolve it with the help you have provided without taking more of your time. If not I will either post a link or wait until we are live to do so. Thanks again
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic