ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Full Names posted to reviews when Reminders used
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Full Names posted to reviews when Reminders used

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lindsay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Full Names posted to reviews when Reminders used
    Posted: 04-April-2013 at 6:24pm

We LOVE the review reminder feature and how it's enabled us to quickly build relevant page content at little cost to us. One problem, though, is that when a customer clicks on the link in the reminder email they are directly to a page on our website with a form into which their first and last names are pre-entered.

Most don't double check this, and not infrequently I find myself getting an email from a concerned customer who is requesting their name be removed. I   have gone to trying to remember to manually remove last names each time I approve reviews-  but feel like ProductCart should not, by default, be posting our customer's full names on product reviews.

I would suggest that instead of "first name last name" the format be "First Name Last Name Initial" or just ["First name" from "shipping state"]

Edited by Lindsay - 04-April-2013 at 6:25pm
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2013 at 6:35pm
Hi Lindsay,
    That's a great suggestion and should be easy to implement. I'll add it to our "To Do" list.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2013 at 6:36pm
Hi Lindsay, one other question, which version are you running?
Lindsay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lindsay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2013 at 8:48pm
Awesome! I'm currently running v4.6a on two of my three live productcart stores.  Big smile

Edited by Lindsay - 04-April-2013 at 8:48pm
Lindsay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lindsay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2013 at 11:32am
Any updates on the implementation of this feature? I'm still hand editing each review. Confused
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2013 at 3:04pm
In pc/prv_postreview.asp, find
pcStrCustName = rs("name") & " " & rs("lastName")
and for first name only, change to:
pcStrCustName = rs("name")
or for first name + last initial:
pcStrCustName = rs("name") & " " & left(rs("lastName"),1)
However, keep in mind that this value gets stored as a session variable and will display in other places such as the customer account page (custpref.asp) ... so, it might be best to go with just first name.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic