ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saved Shopping Carts - add'l funtionality

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saved Shopping Carts - add'l funtionality
    Posted: 02-May-2014 at 7:25pm
Our customers would like the ability to view their various saved shopping carts (without losing the one they currently have).

We do have this warning on the Saved Carts page:

Saved Shopping Carts

Alert: Restoring a previous cart will clear your current cart.
To compare a few carts, Rename each cart before you begin restoring.

But they tell us they still get some strangeness. For example, they rename today's cart as "Mom's project" and add a few things to it, then view it to save it. 
Then they rename last week's cart as "Christmas project" and add some charms to it, then view it to save it.

Later when they return to either cart, either (or both) might have missing items, or items from the other saved cart.  I've run into the same thing while testing but it was inconsistent enough that it's hard to write up as a trouble ticket.

Another thing they would like is the ability to MERGE carts -- so if they were putting together one project one day, and another project another day, they'd like to combine both carts into one so they can place a single order.

~~ R&T systems director
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2014 at 6:58pm
Hi Polly, If your not yet on V4.7 I suggest updating as I know some issues with saved carts were improved then. If you wait a short while we are VERY close to releasing V5 - which is a really significant update.

The "missing" items when restoring a cart are almost certainly no longer available, so automatically not being added back into the restored cart. If you are finding that is not the case please do try and get together info and raise a support ticket.  It's interesting to see your customers using saved carts quite a lot. It's one of those features that varies in use significantly depending on the type of store.
The idea of Merging carts is a good one and not one that has been raised before. I suspect this would be a relatively simple thing to implement, or at least to restore multiple carts without clearing down the existing one. I will add it to our wish list, but I'm afraid it won't make it into V5 as we are so close to release date.

Polly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2014 at 11:29am
Hi Hamish, 
Thanks. We are on 4.7. We'll get v5 soon and and put it on our test setup so we can start converting anything that doesn't work properly with the update.

You're right that sometimes the missing items are discontinued items.
But in other cases, we've found it's not too hard to confuse the system when you're trying to juggle multiple carts. (Sometimes we -- and our customers -- try to save different carts for different projects we're thinking about starting. And when we go back and forth, restoring and adding, some of the products disappear or get saved in the wrong cart. It seems to be ok of we do them on separate days or from different computers, but juggling multiple carts in one setting can get weird.)  ~Polly
~~ R&T systems director
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic