ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stock Discounts by Product

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stock Discounts by Product
    Posted: 20-March-2013 at 1:05pm
Hi there,

I want to perform Stock Discounts by Product.
That is, I wonder if it is possible to apply a discount (percentage) on a product when the stock level reaches a low number, say 3 or 4.

In other words, to apply a discount to the last items of a specific product.

How can this be achieved? And if it's not possible, what should be modified, added...

Thanks indeed
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2013 at 2:45pm
so your point is that when the stock level reaches a certain low point, you want to offer a discount in order to get rid of the last few items?  To encourage someone to purchase those last items?

Edited by Greg Dinger - 20-March-2013 at 3:00pm
Aker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2013 at 3:44pm
Hi Greg,

Yes exactly.
I wondered if there's any way to achieve that with the current options, no matter even in a cumbersome way.
Or changing something in the code... whatever.

It is a common practice in physical stores.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2013 at 6:09pm
No stock functionality supports this. However, there IS stock functionality to send the merchant an e-mail when inventory reaches a certain level. You could activate that feature, and use it as a reminder to go apply the discount. Cumbersome, but it seems that may be ok with you?

Alternatively, the logic that triggers such an e-mail could be the way one would force an automated update of the volume discounts table if you have very specific rules which you can enforce in terms of what discount level to set.
Aker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-March-2013 at 5:33am
I see, I guess the e-mail functionality you refer is Low inventory notification in the Inventory Settings tab, when managing a product. And the Reorder Level is the amount that triggers it.

I'll try the second option to insert a record in discountsPerQuantity table when the e-mail should be sent. When the stock is incremented this record should be deleted likewise too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-March-2013 at 10:29am
cool. good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic