ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inventory Control & Management

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesleyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inventory Control & Management
    Posted: 16-February-2012 at 3:35pm
Hoping to get some feedback from others that have or that are going through the same pains I am. We have a growing ecommerce business, which is great, but our inventory is growing and I am ashamed to say it but we have no control over our inventory.  More and more mistakes are being made with our shipping department and I feel like we have to babysit to make sure the right product goes out.  This has also slowed our growth down considerably as I can not imagine adding much more until we get this under control.  We need scanners to check inventory in and to ship...something.  Well I feel like I aired my dirty laundry or let the skeleton out of the closet, so to speak.  I need help.  Oh and we are looking to open a retail location by next quarter. 

If anyone is going through this, has gone through it and knows of a solution please comment publicly for everyone or contact me privately.  Thanks in advance! 
www.compressionstore.com
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2012 at 12:24am
Hi Wesley,

This sounds like more of a business rules issue. I can't really get from this what you would like the application to do for you, but if you PM me with your phone number, I'd be happy to consult with you on how to dovetail your business rules with the application. 

What I glean from this is that you would like to be able to use bar code scanners to communicate back to the application vis a vis your inventory control and what got shipped. We have experience with this, but not specifically with ProductCart.
WesleyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesleyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2012 at 9:27am
Thanks Sean.  I tried to PM you but it said you have exceeded your PM limit.  I guess your box is full.  If you go to www.compressionstore.com you can just call the number found on the website and ask for Wes Anderson.   Thanks again!
www.compressionstore.com
WesleyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesleyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2012 at 9:46am
Why does EI no longer support Stone Edge Technologies?  It sounds like that could have been a solution for us regarding Inventory Control.
www.compressionstore.com
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2012 at 8:45pm
Hi Wesley, before I got involved with ProductCart I helped out a small business that sold school clothing. They came to me looking for a software solution to their order processing issues, but when I investigated it was fundamentally an organisational & process issue. Their warehouse was in chaos and had lots of old redundant stock cluttering it up. For them the key thing to start was a floor to ceiling tidy to start & then sorting out labelling on aisles & shelves, color coding boxes/labels/shelf tickets, making sure all stock was accounted for, labelled & barcoded.  Making it simple to relocate shelf labelling was also important for them.
We did also introduce barcode scanners, both portable ones, for the pickers, and fixed ones along with new software and a defined "arrivals area" from which no stock was allowed into the warehouse or store until labelled if necessary and scanned in. Their business was very very seasonal, so they used a lot of casual labour which was part of the reason it had got so chaotic. I also advised them to create a simple training guide for new starters.

More than likely you have many of these in place, or something better.         
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic