ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Random featured products.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thornapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2009 at 8:44pm
Boo

Could I please grab the code guys. Dieing to see it.

Thanks

Alex
All your Dark wee Heart could ever Desire!
bodyexposed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodyexposed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2009 at 7:56am
I've sent it to you Alex.
Richard Bonfield

Underwear store for men

http://www.bodyexposed.co.uk
Andy @ Landmarq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy @ Landmarq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2009 at 5:00am
Hello Thornapple,

I have attached my modified code to this post for you and anyone else interested in it. The main changes in mine are to the homecode.asp which I renamed to andyhomecode.asp and point to that in home.asp so as not to ruin the original copy. The other file I changed is pcshowproductH which is now named pcshowproducthfeat.asp to not interfere with the rest of the site and is called for in andyhomecode.asp this was really to change the size of the graphics used and a couple of minor tweaks for our own sites needs.

The randomise works by making four calls to the featured product list but is forced to only show a section of the list for a given range so I have five groups in my featured product list. group 0 contains the **do not delete** and is never included in the math, group 1 contain the first batch, 2 the second and so on. the trick was that you make 3 duplicates of the featured product code with a different name and modify the sections to call the randomisers set at the top of the andyhomecode.asp. then in home code where you normally just have  pcs_FeaturedProducts you also add the other three as seen in my home.asp file. It's not pretty and I'm sure more advanced coders may wince when looking at it but it works well enough for my needs. :) The only other thing to do is set the show featured products to 1 product in the home page manage section of control panel

Take a look at the code and at our homepage on www.landmarq.me.uk to see it on action if you want to use it but get stuck drop me a line on here and I will try and help.

Things to watch for are the randomiser can be a tad twitchy at first if you change the quantities of products as you get group cross over but if you can tweak that out after a couple of goes and the randomise can sometimes show the same things if you try refreshing the page too fastuploads/1372/randfeat.zip
Need a bespoke PC built to order? come to www.landmarq.co.uk
avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2009 at 6:01pm
Hi Andy - I went to your website and I like the gallery slideshow that you had rotating between 10 images.  Is that public script?  Where is that from?
Thanks
curt
Curt
Andy @ Landmarq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy @ Landmarq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2009 at 5:06am
Hello Avalight,

The slideshow is a java based one I got from here http://smoothgallery.jondesign.net/download/ but in it's default state it does not randomise. The modification to make it randomise is here http://smoothgallery.jondesign.net/forums/viewtopic.php?id=98 and look for the modification from noodles on the second post which worked for me although others seemed to have issues getting it to behave.
Need a bespoke PC built to order? come to www.landmarq.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic