ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ajax popup image

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2008 at 6:12pm
Tomorrow morning over coffee, you may want to look closely at lines 31-57 of ei-tooltip.js  It's important that you look at an original unaltered version so you aren't getting tripped up.

Note that there are 4 pointers - up and down instances of left and right, plus 4 more images that form the top and bottom caps, the title row and the body of the box.  The size of each of those 8 images need to be correctly referenced in the js.  If you didn't change the pointer images, and only replaced the body elements, you don't necessarily have to change the pointer dimension references.

Make certain that you have created all the new images in a symetrical manner, so that when they get assembled as a whole there are no rough edges.

As I said in my first post on this - it's not simple.  The first time I altered it I tore my hair out.  Now I go find the last site I altered and copy that code as a shortcut!
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2008 at 6:17pm
Hi All,

Got it sorted now.

I redid everything form scratch and I must have missed something first time because it was almost perfect except that the middle part of the popup was out of aligment. When checking the code I noticed it was referring to a file called contentmiddle.png which I hadn't uploaded. I'd used one called whitemiddle.png. When I uploaded that one it fixed the final part.

I need to play around a bit with the popup offset settings because its so big now its almost off the right hand side of the page but other than that it's great.

Many many thanks for all your help on this.

Nigel
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2008 at 6:21pm

Greg

I would have torn my hair out but I'm a bit short in that department. It started retreating 18 years ago when my first son was born !

Nigel

Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2008 at 6:30pm
If you haven't got the offsets done yet, you still have lots of opportunities for self-abuse before it's done.  Note that this whole thing is based on a s cript from DynamicDrive.com, comments in the scripts.  I found the documentation at the DD site useful in the past.
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-December-2008 at 4:39am
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reference to Dynamic Drive. I found the script and their annotations look like they will be helpful.

I need to find the bit thats controlling the X offset without screwing up the page. At first I thought it was just the top couple of lines but I can see it's more complicated than that.

I need more tea before I solve this (I'm English so I have tea instead of coffee !)

Nigel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic