ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Add to Cart link to page

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurvserver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2009 at 3:44pm
I couldn't agree more that Product Cart is the best shopping cart ever made, and I have used them all. The logic of the cart was so well thought out that it amazes me to know it even exists. I also congratulate Early Impact for focusing on the product instead of individuals, this is probably why PC is so great. The wiki is also very helpful. But you are right that even on horrid product like os commerce the forums are a lot more active. I actually don't need the fix you mentioned. I just thought if you fixed it, it would be cool to see and maybe someone out there could learn from the fix. See the thing about any development of any code is it gives insight and opens the imagination. Maybe your posted code could give insight into another application that you never imagined it would be used for and then then more people could build cool ideas off that. Anyway, excuse me if I came off negative in my earlier post, I do like and appreciate Greg and all his help and hard work, I was mostly just making a statement that I wish there was more people on the forum meaning users that were interested in helping eachother.
fire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2009 at 4:18pm
My post before "BTW I did figure this out" was more because I did not think anyone would care. Or even notice the post.

"I was mostly just making a statement that I wish there was more people on the forum meaning users that were interested in helping eachother."

Okay, In the interest of helping others out.. This is what I did:
When a customer adds to cart they are posting that info to the page instPrd.asp (pc\instPrd.asp) this page validates/processes the page and then redirects (response.redirect) the page to viewCart.asp...
Using an editor (like dreamweaver) (save a copy)
open instPrd.asp- Find and Replace (Ctrl - F)
find viewcart.asp (response.redirect viewcart.asp)

replace with..wait for it....

Response.Redirect Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")

This is it save and try it out. This works for me. Let me know What Y Think
nurvserver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurvserver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2009 at 8:04pm
Tried it and worked like a charm. I will work on a response message for this like "the item has been added to you cart. Thanks for posting very cool.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2009 at 11:02am
A couple of comments on this thread (thanks for contributing!):

Technical Note
With regard to the solution provided above: thank you! You might want to write a WIKI article on it so that others can further contribute to it.

For example, this method may not work correctly for ProductCart Build To Order users: it would redirect back to the "Additional Charges" step of the configuration process (last page before adding to the cart).

The redirect might also need to be different when adding to the cart from the customer service area (e.g. Repeat an order). I haven't checked.

Feature lacking
With regard to ProductCart not having a way for the store manager to choose the behavior after a product is added to the shopping cart: we agree that this is something that should be part of the application and will likely add it in version 4.

Partners and Add-on's
In the meantime, Greg at GreyBeard Design Group saw an opportunity and was certainly right to take advantage of it. We like it when resellers see a flaw in the system and fill the gap by creating a small or large add-on.

That's because there will always be areas of ProductCart that should be improved, we don't have time to improve, and others step in to improve. And if they can make a living doing so, they'll create even more useful add-on's!

It's ultimately up to ProductCart users to let them know whether they are charging too much (or too little) for what they created. But I want to stress that this kind of "marketplace" of add-on's is healthy and useful.

A more active community
We agree that the more active these forums become, the better for everyone using ProductCart. Porting the documentation from a static format (PDF) to a collaborative environment (WIKI) was based on the same idea that if everyone using ProductCart finds a way to share his/her experience, everyone else gains from it.

The newsletter that we just started this week - called ProductCart Community Updates - is another step in the same direction.

Thanks to all for helping us make ProductCart a better product!

Massimo
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
fire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2009 at 5:54pm
Quick reply. I will seriously consider writing a WIKI on this. Thanks for posting!
In regards to the 'Repeat Order' this fix works. I do not have the PC BTO so I assume this does not work for that type of PC. I just realized that this post is from Massimo, again thanks for posting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic