Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

show savings or discounts on bto pages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2009 at 7:02pm
We have had no other requests for this feature. It seems rather specific to your business. Unfortunately this is not something that we plan on working on in the near future.

If this feature is really important to your business, you should consider hiring a Web developer such as Greg or Sean (who took time to review and reply to your messages above) to apply the code modification.

However, we should note that the Build To Order configuration pages in ProductCart are very complex: they contain some of the most complex source code in the entire application as there are all sorts of calculations happening in real time as prices change. So what might seem a small code change to you, might actually not be that simple to implement.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2009 at 7:17pm
argrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2009 at 9:17pm
Hi JWL,
    The complexity of the solution you need depends significantly on the complexity of your requirement. To build this in as a feature of ProductCart would take significant effort in design, coding testing etc as we would need to make sure it is robust, flexible and meets the needs of the majority of potential users of the feature.

If your requirement is simple - e.g. always show a discounted price 3% less than the calculated total price, then the coding involved is not nearly as complex.
If you want it to vary by product, examine discount tables & their applicability, vary by customer type, etc etc, then the complexity ramps up very rapidly.

JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2009 at 9:33am
"If your requirement is simple - e.g. always show a discounted price 3% less than the calculated total price"

That's really all I need right now - our competitors have this on their configuration pages... and they have a big green discounted price below the regular price, and it makes a big difference when you are selling the same product!
JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2009 at 3:39pm
Here is what I am looking for, I just need a code to calculate 97% of the regular BTO price, in real time to diplay as a "discounted price" which the customer can get if they use a coupon code, so the discounted price doesn't need to be integrated into the add to cart feature... I just need it to tally the discount in real-time so the customers can see what the discount will be if they use a coupon code.

I also want a floating menu, like this: http://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/20-001-Intel-Dual-Core-PC-95p486.htm - which shows the updated pricing while you scroll down the bto configuration page.  Developers please PM me your bid for this project, thanks!

Edited by JWL - 20-August-2009 at 3:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic