ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why I like ProductCart/Early Impact

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why I like ProductCart/Early Impact
    Posted: 30-June-2008 at 6:16pm
The majority of discussions on a forum like this revolve around problems. I'm thinking it might be nice to list some good news too.

I've been a ProductCart user for over 3 years and during that time they have become only vendor that I will unreservedly recommend. Best vendor I've encountered in 20++ years in the tech world.

I was just reading the forums to research an issue and it occurred to me, as it often has, how generous EI is with their knowledge. If you say "I want to make your product to this" to just about any other vendor, they'll say "you're on your own and your warranty is void". EI has a forum section called "Customizing", even give you hints on how to accomplish what you're trying to do.

When you contact them with an issue they'll stay with you, w/o you having to nag them, until a resolution has been reached.

Even when I've been, let's say "blunt", in my communications they still reply with a warm professional tone.

I also really like what the application does and how it does it. EI could, for selfish reasons I didn't write "should", charge more but I'm glad they don't.

I'm sure there's much I missed so I'm hoping others will add onto this thread.

With much appreciation.

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2008 at 6:40pm
I couldn't agree more.  Similar to you, I have a decades-long background in IT and have never encountered a team who are as politely and promptly responsive to the needs of their customers.  I'll be working on something Saturday evening, get to a roadblock, and can't tell you how often there has been an answer from Massimo at 3AM Sunday.  How's that guy get any sleep?

Add to that the constant updates of functionality, and responsiveness to bugs or security issues, and frankly what more could we ask for!

macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2008 at 8:48pm
As I posted in another thread, I was locked out of the database over this past weekend. Having just purchased the program the week before, you can imagine what I was thinking. Much to my surprise, I received emails from Massimo on Saturday evening and on Sunday. They haven't yet figured out what's going on with my server but first thing Monday they set the program so I can have full access and work. Hat's off to Massimo and Sheri. While I don't have an IT background, I've been computing for many, many years and I have never seen such support. For better or for worse, they are stuck with me from now on.

Alan
loracady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-July-2008 at 11:28am

I also love Product Cart!!!  I was married for too many years to a needy, sad shopping cart called Miva Merchant, and I am now in the process of divorcing that loser!  Product Cart does just about everything I want, and even though I am no ASP programmer, I have been able to figure things out. (With the help of the nice people on this forum.)  Something really cool- even though my website is not technically "live" yet, I've already begun receiving orders due to placement on google.  I did install the Static HTML rewrite, and I believe that has helped.  I would recommend this shopping cart to anyone! 

www.TheSleepShop.com
cmason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-July-2008 at 2:21pm
I feel you pain. I tried Miva years ago and vowed to never, ever, never use that product. Same for StoreFront and osCommerce.
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2008 at 5:21am

I whole heartedly agree with all the complimentary comments regarding EI, the software and the team behind it.

Although the forum lists me as newbie thats not stritcly the case - I'm just not the most regular forum poster.

I made my first purchase of Productcart back in April 2004 and I always use it for my clients unless they specifically request something else.

The ongoing development has been superb and Productcarts support is second to none. It is without doubt the best I have come across and my experience pre-dates windows !

Like other users here I've had swift replies when I least expected them even taking in to account the fact that I am in the UK and there is a time difference. Not only that the quality of the replies is always good as well.

So credit where it's due - the team at EI certainly deserve praise.

Nigel

Edited by intour - 07-July-2008 at 5:22am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic