ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Considering Product Cart -- Need Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyntiha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Considering Product Cart -- Need Advice
    Posted: 09-May-2008 at 6:04pm
I'm considering switching to Product Cart from 1ShoppingCart and have a few questions:

1. Can anyone share with me their Product Cart cart conversion or abandonment rates?

2. I understand that with Product Cart a customer must register during the checkout process. Is there anyway around this? This is something of a deal breaker for us. A customer shouldn't be forced to register.

3.  We need to use Autoresponders (automated email delivery) for upsells. For example, we send all customers an automated email exactly two days after their purchase. The email offers an upsell for other products. This needs to be automated -- we shouldn't do this manually for all customers. Is there any way to do this in Product Cart?

Thanks in advance.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2008 at 6:52pm
Hi Cyntiha,
   Firstly - I can strongly recommend Product Cart - The product is very flexible, the support excellent & the forums friendly Smile

1) Sorry, I'm not at liberty, personally to do so. Suffice it to say that my clients are happy.
Key factors in this though is site design, good & friendly content, easy navigation  etc  etc .

2) From another discussion in the forums : "In v3 we were able to introduce a "Checkout without entering a password" feature, but not a "Checkout without registering" feature.

- Original discussion here :- http://www.earlyimpact.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=504&KW=checkout+without
There's been a few other discussions around this subject. Personally if I'm going to trust a website to take my money & send me products it seems daft to worry about them having my  email & contact details - indeed - If they are to get the product to me and communicate with them then they NEED the details.  Obviously I don't know the type of site or customers that you have.  PC also supports Google Checkout - for those that prefer to trust Google.

3) Productcart does not, AFAIK, support automated follow up emails on a time driven basis built into the product.  It would be possible to do, but would need some custom code.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic