ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Considering Product Cart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etsvilik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Considering Product Cart
    Posted: 27-May-2008 at 12:55am
I tried already two carts - Ecommerce Templates and VPASP and none have given me the options I want.  I have a few pre-sale questions to help me to choose with Product cart:
  1. My products have different sizes with different cost.  There are also other options that affect the price. I'd like to apply other options percent markup to the specific size option, not to the base item. (ex. add 5% to the large size which already added $100 to the base). The total card must update to show the final. In other carts this didn't work. Will it work in Product Cart?
  2. Another way is to use subproducts or Alternate SKU products instead of options for the different sizes. They would appear as radio boxes or dropdown. The other carts didn't update the final price before placing item in the cart.  Will Product Cart do this?

Any other points, suggestions to help me to deside are welcome

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2008 at 3:59am
ProductCart does have many features that offer you flexibility in terms of changing the price based on selections made during the purchasing process.

Specifically, the Apparel Add-on works great when the different "options" define different inventory items (e.g. blue/large jacket vs. red/small).

The Build To Order system is instead the way to go when the product that is being purchased "does not exist" as a separate, pre-defined inventory part, but it is instead "built to order".

We hope this helps!
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2008 at 4:21am
The total price is updated when you select each option / size.
Not sure about pricing options by percentage, but if it's not built in then it can be done with some customization.

Overall I would say product cart is the best cart I have ever worked with in terms of features & flexibility.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic