ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who's using MailUp integration?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's using MailUp integration?
    Posted: 29-October-2008 at 4:24pm
I currently use Constant Contact as my newsletter software and I'm wondering who out there is using MailUp integrated directly with PC?   Can anyone list advantages/disadvantages of the service (specifically compared to CC if possible)?

MailUp's lowest cost plan is already more expensive then what I'm paying for CC monthly, but I'm interested to see where it may excel in usability and features.   I realize I can do a 30 day free trial of MailUp, but figured I'd open it up on the forums and see what your experiences have been.

avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-October-2008 at 12:12am
I have been looking at this too.  I currently use one from Pensaworks which is cheap.
As far as Constant Contact, it starts out really low, but look at the fees when your list gets bigger.  Whoa!  They are outasight.  My current list is over 5000 emails addresses.  At least with Mailup, there is only one fee.  Your list size doesn't matter, just the speed in which they deliver.  And that is a good thing, as it better to have the mailer go out slowly over a few days, then all at once, otherwise you get slammed with responses, and your productcart or host freezes up from too many hits at once.

Curt
RobertZ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2008 at 4:23am
Howdy
We used to use Constant Contact but as said, when we wanted to increase our list over 5000 the cost blew out.
What we did was go for a product called Interspire Email Marketer.

But they did offer a 1 user login for US$199, (Maybe Ask if interested) but this has been up'ed to a 5 user login for $439.

So now there getting a little expensive as well.  But we've had a solid increase in sales and newsletter generation using this over CC.

Also, its php on Linux. So it cant be run on PCart servers, But saying that its a good security measure to have them separate anyway. We use the internal webhost mail server, for 5000 emails takes about 25 min, in the middle of the night.

Hope this helps.

EarlJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EarlJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2008 at 11:00am
We switched to MailUp  this summer from iContact. 

The pricing for us was less expensive, but the biggest feature in our switch was the integration with PC.

Integration was quick & easy.  EI handles the tech support.

MailUp has all the bells & whistles you'd expect from an email service:
~tracking
~templates
~groupings
~detailed reporting

We've been pleased with our decision to switch.
avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2009 at 12:22pm
I too have switched to interspire email marketer and it is great!  And they have a hosted solution for unlimited contacts and pay for each email sent.  For 500 a month, it is only 10 dollars!  Or you can buy the software and install yourself.  I looked at 25 different ones, this one rocks!
Curt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic