ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free order not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free order not working
    Posted: 30-September-2014 at 11:46pm
In PC4, if there was an order that ended up being $0.00 then you would not have to select one of the payment types at the end of the checkout page. In PC5 this seems to be broken. I have setup a product to be $0.00 with no shipping charge and gone through the checkout procedure only to still see the Payment Type radio buttons. I have also setup a cheap cart and applied a gift certificate code to the order to make the total go down to $0.00 and the Payment Type radio buttons remain. This also happens in the demo store right on the Product Cart home page. Is this an error or is this how it's going to be now? According to the wiki this should not happen: https://productcart.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1567898
Keith
GTiFreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTiFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2014 at 12:28pm
I finally got around to updating to v5 and I'm now having the same issue. I even added a new free product to see if there was some sort of issue with the older products, but I'm still being forced to enter a credit card number. Some help would be greatly appreciated!
steverguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steverguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2015 at 12:47pm
I see this post is kind of old - but we just updated to 5.0 as well - is this an issue addressed in one of the updates?  We've had a couple of people complain about entering credit cards when no balance is due.

Thanks!
"Remember, 72.5% of all statistics are made up."
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2015 at 2:10pm
did you upgrade all the way to 5.04?  I've seen a couple accounts who claimed that they upgraded, but only went to 5.02. You have to keep hitting "check for updates" (after installing each available version) until it offers no more versions to download.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2015 at 4:53pm
Yes, you should definintely update to v5.04 as this issue (no Payment required) is resolved in the latest release.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic