ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Creating PDF Proofs within PC BTO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctingom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creating PDF Proofs within PC BTO
    Posted: 23-June-2006 at 12:51pm
Hello everyone,

I'm curious if anyone has ever dealt with a print house that wanted to do
PDF proofing? I'm working with a Phoenix print house and they would like to
have a PDF proofing system integrated into Product Cart BTO.

Essentially the quote would be generated and something would create a PDF to
view and "approve."

There are a lot of PDF generating programs out there. PDFlib for example.

I'm looking for someone to help me out with this project. If we can do it, the project is almost certainly a go. There is also the possibility that we could hire you to integrate two SQL databases for inventory management.

Thanks,

Chris Tingom
Tornado
www.tornadodesign.com
(480) 945-5653 phone
(602) 538-9120 cell
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-June-2006 at 1:55pm

Hi Chris,

Do they want a PDF of the quote from Product Cart. Or do they want to create a PDF of the printing job they create for the client and have the client approve that PDF file? That makes more sense to me.

Generating a PDF of the Product Cart Quote would be handled like you mention above. Get a third party component that generates PDF files and "print" the quote to the component and display the PDF file.

If they want to send PDF files of the actual printing job for approval, they could use the Help Desk application that is built into Product Cart. It allows the merchant and client to send messages and files back and forth to each other and keeps a complete record of all the correspondence for a specific order.

Is that what you need? If so, check out the Help Desk info in the user's guide for complete details.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
ctingom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctingom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-June-2006 at 4:06pm
Hi,
Thanks for the questions.

The PDF that is generated is actually a proof of the printed piece, made as a low res PDF (it doesn't actually get used for printing, it's just for approval).

Most of these are brochures for a college with a bunch of campuses and the person who places the order can pick to have picture A, B, C, D, or E on the front, and block of text A, B, C, D, or E for the inside flap. Then they can type in their web address and phone number.

Then it makes a PDF and as long as the person 'approves' it it goes to press.

Thanks,

Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic