ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Preview Downloadable MP3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdesk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Preview Downloadable MP3
    Posted: 24-June-2006 at 4:04pm
Greetings -

Anybody out there able to show me how to add a preview link on the
viewPrd.asp page, so that a customer can listen to a sample of an mp3
before purchasing it - a la amazon, etc?

I'm imagining that the variable would be contained in a custom field...

Thanks!
grantmx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2006 at 3:13pm
This is what I've done.  You just have to do some HTML coding in the Product Description box.  I had it link to an external mp3.

http://www.wellingtonboone.wbmresources.com/ProductCart/pc/v iewPrd.asp?idcategory=15&idproduct=21

Edited by earlyimp - 29-June-2006 at 3:24pm
blackdesk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdesk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2006 at 3:19pm
great! would you mind attaching the code?
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2006 at 3:30pm

That is the simplest method to accomplish this. You need to upload the sound clips to a folder on your site and then link to them using the HTML in the description field for a product. The code would just be a link to the sound clip:

<a href="http://www.yousite.com/yoursoundclip.wma">Listen</a>
<a href="http://www.yousite.com/yoursoundclip.mp3">Listen</a>

You could add whatever HTML or text around the link to make it look the way you want.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2006 at 6:03pm
Hi

I use the excellent features of LucidFlash from http://www.lucidflash.com passing variables into it to make a dynamic playlist.   I've tried loads of options over time and this is by far the most flexible.

An example can be seen within a ProductCart product listing page at:
http://www.wovenwheatwhispers.co.uk then go to any of the albums, particularly the featured or new arrivals.

I do this by embedding a link to a flash file with a playlist number into the long description product HTML.  It's simpler than it sounds and I can help you if needed.  It works very well and because it strems unlike loading an MP3/WMA - it loads a lot quicker and reflects the connection speed of the user.   Afurther benefit is that unlike some instances of loading an MP3 into quicktime or windows media, it doesn't need to open another window and divert their attention.   Our analysis showed the minute you divert a user from the page, you've generally lost them for a sale.

We also pass all our music into a streaming radio style station that plays music randomly from our artists as your browse the site.

cheers
Mark

Edited by MarkCoyle - 29-June-2006 at 6:06pm
blackdesk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdesk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2006 at 6:35pm
thanks for both your comments

mark however has produced exactly what i was looking for!

cheers!
MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-June-2006 at 6:47pm

Glad to help.

The player is skinnable with your colours and there are a number of varients you can use.  Other plauer exist from Wimpy and more but I found this the best.

cheers

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic