ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extending Downloads by date

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extending Downloads by date
    Posted: 17-July-2006 at 2:08pm
Hello all,

with use of the digital download store I run now growing, some customers order and then want to download later on.   The store has a standard download expiry time and the ability to extend this.  However it only extends it by the expiration period.

However some customers  want to download on or by a specific date.

It would be very helpful if for a particular order the experiation could be set to a date in time.

This might be a relatively minor feature and help the store software really support the growing digital download market fully.

Thanks.

cheers
Mark
amgqmp1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amgqmp1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2006 at 3:58pm
I'd even be up for an alternative implementation of your feature...the option to "extend expiration by...".  For example, our staff could go in and extend the expiration by a certain # of days.

Another thought to add-on to this...would be to have the store cross-sell a product when a download link is expired.  We do mostly downloadable goods, and, we also sell an add-on service which provides a 2-year download link.  To have that add-on service be offered after a link has expired would be great...

Just thoughts...

Edited by amgqmp1 - 28-July-2006 at 3:59pm
MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2006 at 6:17pm
Yes extending downloads at the order level is becoming quite important.

v3 of PC is very good and I'm finding my download service really is getting strong feedback and use.

I would love to see EarlyImpact add a couple of the download oriented features I've mentioned in here as I think that area of e-commerce is now really taking off.

cheers
Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic