ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - is there anyway to use pc on two different sites
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

is there anyway to use pc on two different sites

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2009 at 12:20am
what about this, creating a subdomain and putting another pccart directory in it, and then make the homepage with the 2nd header/footer whatever the subdomain is - and so that when they surf through the site from that starting page, all the paths will lead to the pccart dir in the subdomain i.e. http://altheader.domain.com/store/pc/viewCart.asp.

And, then simply link this 2nd dir to the same database, what do you think?!?!?  Please, say that will work - I'll be sooo happy.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2009 at 3:35am
I was rather thinking the same thing for a moment, but besides what EI might yield on whith the EULA, I think there are some technical problems with the idea.

However, I don't think they are anything an experieced developer wouldn't be able to iron out. I have a few ideas already.
JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2009 at 5:16am
technical problems?!  well, I don't think I'll do it than - if it's not easy than I won't risk it.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2009 at 5:42am
Originally posted by JWL JWL wrote:

technical problems?!  well, I don't think I'll do it than - if it's not easy than I won't risk it.

You don't have to roll over and play dead like that. Talk it through with us here. You have quite a bit of talent to draw on here.

I have tackled this challenge on many shopping cart applications. But what you are ultimately looking to do, as I understand it, is far simpler to do.

Please PM me if your are interested to take this up further. I really don't see a big problem here in the "broad strokes"/theory.

It can be done. Just need to have a developer who understands the implications.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic