ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is there a way to assign sub-categories t

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stChoice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2006 at 2:53am

Ok; I've setup brands and assigned products to them. I'm now browsing by categories and subcategories but don't see any option available to show only products of a certain brand. Is there a setting I need to enable for this?

I see the shop by brand link on the side; this is working fine.

Thanks!

Wes
http://www.sohotoolkit.com
MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2006 at 3:13am

In v3 which I use, there is an option to view the brand in the store front (and on the product detail page).

Then you get a 'brands' link in your category navigation which you can click and see all the brands established.  Then click on a brand to see their products.

cheers

Mark

MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2006 at 12:15pm
Okay - you can now add a link in your menu structure to 'view by brand' or similar that points to viewbrands.asp (in v3).

This will show a page to enable you to select the various brands and see the products associated with it.

It uses an image and text description.   If you don't want an image, create a tiny blank image in your background colour and it will appear as though there isn't any image.

cheers
Mark
1stChoice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stChoice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2006 at 12:30pm

Have you seen any PC sites that allow the user to filter the categories and subcategories by brand "from within" those category pages?

Wes
http://www.sohotoolkit.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic