ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding 2nd keyword (V 3.12a)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding 2nd keyword (V 3.12a)
    Posted: 03-February-2009 at 11:21am
I know, I still have to take the time to implement all my changes etc. to upgrade to ver. 3.5 Embarrassed

The question:

Has anyone "played" with the showsearchresults.asp file, to implement a second keyword function?
I like it to be able to search on 2 keywords, both being "exact"
This cannot be accomplished with the current 1 keyword only.
Looking into the code it should not be too hard, but as I am not a programmer, I simply was not able to do this myself.
Anyone has done this and willing to share?

note:
I do not have to have a 2nd search box in the advance search, but like to be able to accomplish the use of the 2nd keyword.
To give an url example:
mystore/showsearchresults.asp?sku=&keyWord=keyword1&exact=1&keyWord2=keyword2&exact=1&order=2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second:
Can the search (=keywords) also search within the options from the Apparel add-on?
I noticed even the new version 3.5 does not do this.
Example:
I'm searching for a color "black'. In the main product description, black is not mentioned, but it does have options to select black.
The search result does not come up with this product that has the black option.
Any ideas on this one?

Edited by worldofrugs - 03-February-2009 at 2:41pm
worldofrugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2009 at 10:01am
none of you asp guru's ever done this? Cry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 2:39pm
Still no one any suggestions / solution? Ermm
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 2:58pm
The Apparel Add-On does search options in the sense that the option value (by default) becomes part of the SKU.  It does not actually go into the options tables when searching.  Searching sub-products is already pretty complex, so joining in more tables will not help with the speed.

Regarding searching for additional keywords.  This would not be difficult for an asp programmer.  You can cut and paste code that is already available in the search results.  You may want to ask some of the certified developers for a quote.  I do apologize that I do not have time to provide specific steps.  But I will do my best to assist if you have more specific questions once you get started.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 3:13pm
Thanks Matt Wink

Anyone who can give me a quote on creating the second keyword issue?
Greg?

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 3:22pm

Hi Paul,

I'm sure you realize you are always welcome to contact me directly on requests like this.

I just hadn't responded to this post because I don't have this exact code from any prior project, and figured if you wanted to hire someone you would drop me an e-mail.

Greg

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic