ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

using small image in tooltip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: using small image in tooltip
    Posted: 25-June-2009 at 3:07pm
This one must be simple if I knew where to look.....

Standard, the Ajax tooltip shows the thumbnail picture (smallest size) when you go over a product with your mouse....
How can I change this to the general image (medium size) ?

I would like it when a user gets the tooltip on mouseover, to show a little more detail of the products (= bigger picture)...

I assume this is possible, but what file do I look for to change this in?

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-June-2009 at 3:57pm
worldofrugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-June-2009 at 5:13pm
Hamish,
You rock!!! Thumbs%20Up

Exactly what I needed.
Thanks!
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-June-2009 at 6:13pm
We aim to please Big%20smile
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-June-2009 at 6:18pm
so please aim?

heh heh
M Robles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2009 at 8:02pm
Is there a way to replace all the hard code width and height "285" image size within the ei_tooltip.js with a variable linked to the size of ImageURL?

If you have different sized general images it would be nice for the AJAX to automatically flow to the size of the image.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2009 at 8:07pm
That's going to be tough - all of the images in that panel are the width of the window, so you are faced with more than passing image sizes - you may also have to choose different images based on which size you are targeting, or create code to have a fully dynamic width... 
M Robles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Robles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2009 at 10:17am
I understand what you're saying. I would think you could allow the top panel images  to stretch to the width dynamically suggested.  
Ideally replacing the panel images would be best but perhaps too complicated.

I would think many would be ok with simply removing the panel images all together and replace them with solid cells.

Is there a way to make a window.resize based on the product image? Then set width to 100% for the panel images?

What file controls the html template for the ajax panel?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2009 at 10:58am
If you start with the two files named ei-tooltip, then look at inc_PrdCatTip.asp (which references a pair of files starting with "xml") you will have the files.

I still remember the hours I spent trying to simply drop in a custom graphics the first time I fooled with this little beast.  Now that we have a set size of images that work with the files without further adjustment, we try very hard to avoid going to even a different static size window, much less anythign dynamic.

Good luck with this.  If you have strong JS and CSS mojo, you may win.  If not, you may be in for some late nights.

Edited by Greg Dinger - 20-November-2009 at 10:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic