ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Default Page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xianism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Default Page
    Posted: 11-February-2010 at 11:28am
I apologize if this topic has been covered, but I could not dinf anything relevant in the search.

We are currently using ProductCart BTO, and we are having a great amount of success.  I should probably preface this question by saying my background is mainly in application development, so my web development skills are not as finely honed as most other web developers.

My question is this.  How would I go about adding a simple "About Us" page to my site?  I know how to add the link and where to put the page and all that.  What I am having trouble with is getting the css to accept my changes.  I am pulling in all of the include that are necessary I believe.  Here is the Blank.asp that I have tried to create.

<%

'This file is part of ProductCart, an ecommerce application developed and sold by Early Impact LLC. ProductCart, its source code, the ProductCart name and logo are property of Early Impact, LLC. Copyright 2001-2003. All rights reserved. You are not allowed to use, alter, distribute and/or resell any parts of ProductCart's source code without the written consent of Early Impact. To contact Early Impact, please visit www.earlyimpact.com.

%>

<% response.Buffer=true %>

<!--#include file="../includes/settings.asp"-->

<!--#include file="../includes/storeconstants.asp"-->

<!--#include file="../includes/SQLFormat.txt"-->

<!--#include file="../includes/ErrorHandler.asp"-->

<!--#include file="../includes/stringfunctions.asp"-->

<!--#include file="../includes/opendb.asp"-->

<!--#include file="../includes/languages.asp"-->

<!--#INCLUDE file="HomeCode.asp"-->

<%

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

' END: Check store on/off, start PC session, check affiliate ID

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'-------------------------------

' declare local variables

'-------------------------------

Dim query, conntemp, rsProducts, rsDisc, pDiscountPerQuantity, pTotalCount

%>

<!--#include file="header.asp"-->

<div id="pcMain">

<table class="pcMainTable">

</table>

</div>

<!--#include file="footer.asp"-->

Seems pretty straight forward to me.  But when I try adding in a simple about us portion, I cannot influence the text in the css sheet.

<div id="pcAboutUs">

<table class="pcAboutUsTable">

<tr>

<td >

<b>Mission Statement </b>

<br />

<br />

The blahblahblah is an blahcompany located in blah.......

<br />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

Can anyone give me a point in the right direction?  It would be greatly appreciated.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2010 at 11:35am
Is there a reason you chose not to use the built-in CMS for content pages?
Xianism View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xianism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2010 at 11:36am
Probably because....I have no idea what you are talking about.  :-)  Could you elaborate?
Xianism View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xianism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2010 at 11:55am
Wow, OK.  This would have saved me so much time.  I do not know how I missed this.  Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic