ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Google Analytics stopped recording Transactions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Google Analytics stopped recording Transactions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Google Analytics stopped recording Transactions
    Posted: 06-February-2009 at 1:24am
Hey Everyone -

I realized it had been a while since I've gone through my stats so I just logged into Google Analytics for the first time since before the holidays.   I was shocked to see that GA doesn't show a single ecommerce transaction after December 23rd which is really strange.  I've since updated PC to 3.5, but I didn't do the upgrade until well after Jan 1st because I didn't want to risk screwing anything up during the holiday crunch.

Should I open a ticket for this?  Does anyone have any idea why GA would just suddenly stop recording the transactions?  I double checked all the code against the Wiki and instructions and it seems like I've got everything setup correctly.  I even checked against my backed up version of ordercomplete.asp and nothing seems to have changed that shouldn't have.

I know that we can manually send returns and exchanges to GA - is there a way for me to manually send all the transactions since the 23rd so my analytics figures are not off for the entire year?
Seth Haber
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2009 at 5:20am
We just checked our own Google Analytics reports and all e-commerce transactions are showing correctly. We also have not heard about this problem from other users, and we are not aware of any specific reason why the tracking would stop.

The issue is likely specific to your Web store.  The keys to successful e-commerce tracking are:
- you are using the "legacy" tracking code (we'll look at using the new tracking code later this year)
- e-commerce reporting is enabled in your GA account
- the Google Analytics files have been uploaded
http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/widgets/integrations/googleanalytics/ga_ecommerce

Unfortunately there is no way to "add" transactions to the reports
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
TrekLightGear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2009 at 1:03pm
Well, the only thing that is different from your list is that I had switched over to the updated ga.js code at some point.   I did that because I read (here in the forums I think) that the issue with the new code was resolved, but it sounds like you don't think it is yet.   The problem is I don't remember when I changed the code, I really don't think I would have done it so close to the holidays but maybe I did.  I'm changing the code back to the legacy and I'll see if that resolves it.

Thanks again for the help EarlyImp!
Seth Haber
loracady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2009 at 12:13pm
What is the "legacy" code?  Do I still need to use that instead of the code provided by Google?  Is the legacy code the following:
<script src=" https://ssl.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript"> </script> <script type="text/javascript"> _uacct = "UA-XXXXX-X"; urchinTracker(); </script>
from http://www.earlyimpact.com/pdf/ProductCart_Google_Analytics.pdf?
www.TheSleepShop.com
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2009 at 12:28pm
Hi Lora,

Following is the code from a client who I am fairly certain that we went through and checked that e-commerce reporting is working, so this is the basic code you need.  Just use your account number.

<script type="text/javascript">
var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
</script>
try {
var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-############-1");
pageTracker._trackPageview();
} catch(err) {}</script>
loracady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2009 at 1:17pm
Thanks Greg-  I tried the code that you provided, but I still get an "Object Expected" error on my line 735 on orderComplete.asp: 
  __utmSetTrans();
  </script>
Not sure what to do about that.  If I remove that line from inc-GoogleAnalytics.asp, the error goes away, but I wonder if that messes up the analytics.  Again, as always, thanks for your help!
www.TheSleepShop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2009 at 1:30pm
735 of orderComplete.asp is WAY up in the middle of that script.  Anything you did that resulted in an area up there reveals something erroneous in your implementation.  I would double-check your code, or possibly see if EI will help via a support ticket.

loracady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2009 at 1:53pm

If I place a test order on our website, I am at https://www.thesleepshop.com/store/pc/orderComplete.asp.  If I right click and select view source, then paste that into an editor, line 735 is

__utmSetTrans();
  </script>
and the bottom of my browser says, Done with Errors on the page.  If I click to see more info, it gives me an Object Expected Error.  Anywho, thanks for your help!
www.TheSleepShop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2009 at 2:06pm
ok, of course - 735 is the rendered code.  As I mentioned by e-mail, unless EI can tackle this, let me know if you would like me to access the site and give you a hand.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic