ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

After SSL installation cannot add products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pqmagic70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: After SSL installation cannot add products
    Posted: 29-October-2014 at 3:05pm
I moved our site from development to the new host. I had all items marked "not for sale" while we configured settings, added or updated products and waited for the SSL certificate. Everything was working fine. The plan was to install the SSL cert and then work with our payment processor to configure and test the checkout process. After the SSL was installed I can no longer perform certain tasks from the control panel. I can't add products or categories, but I can update existing products or categories. I receive the following error when trying to add a product:

Error in main database query on addproductb.asp

I tried to check the error logs but no log entries show up.

While I can't say the SSL caused the problem that was the last change made before the errors started popping up. I've run the Troubleshooting Utility from the control panel and everything checks out. I've spoken to the hosting company and they say everything checks out on their end. I've reset the database password, reset the connection string and reset the folder permissions. All of these checkout fine on the Troubleshooting Utility.

Any help would be appreciated.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2014 at 3:11pm

I doubt this can be resolved strictly via the forum.  

That error implies to me that either the product admin has been altered and has a bug in it, or that your database has a problem.

It will help to know just how (what specific procedure) was followed to move the database, but in the end, it's probably going to be necessary to provide to someone access to the site and database - so FTP and SQL Studio access is going to be needed.

Do you have an active support plan with Netsource?  And where is the site hosted?

pqmagic70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pqmagic70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2014 at 3:21pm
The site is hosted by Godaddy. The database was actually moved by a Godaddy db admin from another Godaddy site. Everything was working fine with the database and the product admin for a day. It was only after I added the SSL that the errors started to appear. The process of adding the SSL is completely automated as the SSL was also through Godaddy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2014 at 3:31pm

The SSL has nothing to do with this.  I've worked with this application for 9 years and I cannot imagine anything that installation of the SSL could do to cause this.

As a note, several of us will tell you that Godaddy is not a suitable location to host a store.  The price may be right but that's where it stops.

Is the store code altered?  If yes, then what specifically.  If no, I predict you have a problem with the database.  You will need to either submit a support request to Netsource or engage a developer.  Nothing you have shared thus far provides sufficient insight to troubleshoot this issue without getting in and looking at stuff. 

You can try following these procedures in order to get a raw error message, but even those changes alone will probably not work.  You will also likely have to edit the web.config file in order to overcome IIS error handling.
http://wiki.productcart.com/how_to/show_raw_errors

RedLeafDev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedLeafDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2014 at 12:34pm
I am having the same issue on a clean install of v5.02bcma. I am also getting an error when saving an updated product. Also, a dberror page when trying to set email settings. 

These are the basic things I do (as well as checkout a couple of times) when I first install a store. 

Of course, I didn't do this install... ARggg! 

Greg, I checked the database and the db owner permissions are all set correctly and the tables are all dbo. 

I suspect that this might be a code issue...

I am going to submit this to Netsource now.
Red Leaf Development

www.redleafdevelopment.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2014 at 1:23pm
Why are you on 5.02?  5.03 resolves numerous issues.  Plus there are post-5.03 patches, such as an issue with Paypal Express + volume discounts that you need to ask for separately.
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2014 at 9:10pm
Just to close this out and for the benefit of other customers that find this thread... there is no issue with SSL and the ProductCart Control Panel. The original issue was related to a database that was moved and some of the Default Values were not retained. The other issue was something that was already addressed and available in the latest version.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
RedLeafDev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedLeafDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2014 at 10:53am
Since we are having the same problems AND we have upgraded to the latest version, can you PLEASE let me know what exactly was done to fix the database? Wipe the old one and install new? What is the recommendation here?

Amy
Red Leaf Development

www.redleafdevelopment.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic