ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Credit Card Form on OnePageCheckout w/Authorize.ne
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Credit Card Form on OnePageCheckout w/Authorize.ne

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Credit Card Form on OnePageCheckout w/Authorize.ne
    Posted: 15-February-2010 at 1:03am
How do we get the credit card form on onepagecheckout? I remember seeing this on the v4 demo. But when we installed it goes to the gwauth page. We are using authorize.net.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 10:04am
Whizz - just activate the payment method and it should turn up during checkout.  Is that not the case with you?  What do you happening?
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 10:18am
In the demo you see the offline processing interface.  That's what you have to use if you want that, otherewise you see the interface of your merchant account provider.

Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 2:31pm
It doesn't show up for us... i figured its probably only available with offline payments. It would be nice if authorize.net showed up on the onepagecheckout though.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 2:52pm
This appears to be how EI approached integration of the various legacy payment methods. 

Each having their own files, OPC redirects to the respective payment method page, and then to the ordercomplete.asp page.  Only the offline payment method has been integrated tightly into the OPC flow.

Regretably, I'm just not a fan of the so-called one page checkout in V4, and wish we had the option to set an admin preference for the original approach.  Modifications are a challenge, testing is a pain, there are some concerns about how guest checkout was implemented, the initerface itself is somewhat confusing, and I just don't see the point.  I never have from the beginning and my feelings about it have not improved.

I'm torn betwen sharing this criticism publicly, and keeping my feelings quiet, but I'd really like feedback from others and learn what opinions may be out there on this topic.

Anyone?
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 3:03pm
With regard to the payment form being on a different page when a payment gateway is used: integrating almost 40 different payment gateways into One Page Checkout was not a trivial project. We decided to give priority to other tasks and will look at this again in the future.

With regard to One Page Checkout itself: it was the single most requested feature from ProductCart users. We'll keep improving it, but ProductCart users certainly seem to like it, from what we've seen so far.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 3:09pm
That's one reason why I've held of on upgrading to version 4.  I'm sure if works fine, but it takes some getting used to from just playing at the EI site.   I worry about calls coming from confused shoppers.  Not that I don't mind talking to them, but it gets costly with our 800 number.  It is a problem if 10 percent get confused, call us or abandons their cart.  As I've said I've not implemented it yet, but we have confused customers as is.  Many are coming from Martha Stewart Living Magazine and I can tell they may be crafters, but they are not computer geeks.  I have to worry about possible complaints to Martha Stewart Living Magazine, because they may be dropping our featured products (free to us) if that happens.   We have to keep it really sweet with them.  Has anyone any statistics on drop offs between versions.  And yes, I wish we would have the choice of having the one page and the multiple page checkout.

Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2010 at 12:23pm
I agree v4 onepagecheckout needs some work to avoid customer confustion.... we would love to see the gift wrapping taken to the product level and the onepagecheckout be more open so the customer can just go down the page filling out the info... instead of clicking continue every step and then it hides their info.

Edited by whizzinpc - 18-February-2010 at 3:32pm
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2010 at 5:24am
Hi Katharina,
    I've personally seen a store where, after upgrading to V4 the sales improved quite dramatically. Of course it's impossible to say for sure that the increase was down to V4 as there are all sorts of factors, however, I spoke with the store owner who told me that the level of visitors was basically steady before and after the upgrade, so the conversion rate certainly had not been adversly effected, if fact the opposite occurred. 

Whizzinpc,
   Regarding having one continuous page, doing so means only carrying out validation at the very end. IMHO it's also a worse experience and more daunting for the customer to be presented with a very large page in which they have to scroll up and down.

Just my personal musings :-)   
cpgmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2010 at 2:26pm
IMHO, I think the one page checkout works pretty well.  It has been frustrating for me to learn how it works, especially when you have to go back to another section and you are taken back to the beginning again.  Programming changes and css modifications are kind of a nightmare with all the Spry stuff, but overall it works really well.  I expected our customers to complain but since many of them only order once or twice a year, they expect major changes from us every year.  I could see how a shop with weekly or monthly customers would be thrown off balance over the one page checkout but we really haven't seen the difficulty.  Our customers complained more about our old system of having to log in before going to checkout and many are using the Guest Checkout and are happy with it.

The credit card payment page being separate is a bit confusing but fluid enough that most folks feel they are being taken to a more secure page for entering their cc info. 

Overall, there is no perfect world with shopping carts, they evolve constantly but v4 in my opinion is a great improvement.
Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic