ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using Google Apps smtp server

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbeetstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using Google Apps smtp server
    Posted: 15-December-2008 at 5:17pm
I would like to use Google's smtp server to send customer emails through ProductCart. The administrator email address for my store is not a gmail address, but is hosted by Google Apps. I have entered the Google Apps smtp server (ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM) into ProductCart settings and have sent successful test emails to/from the admin email address. The problem I'm having is that the smtp server will not send messages to addresses outside of the website domain (or gmail domain). That means that my customers are not receiving their confirmation emails or their password reminder emails.

Any one use Google Apps smtp server?

P.S. I have changed the MX records for the server to Google's recommended records.
- peter
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2008 at 12:54pm
Hi,
   I googled this as it's a Google issue & found reports of issues regarding the configuration reguired by Google - for details see this page :- http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13287
It needs TLS and either of a couple of specific ports to be used.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2009 at 8:04am
Just an update to clarify things for others who come across this thread.
If you are using Google Apps for your email, or indeed using any other SMTP server for email you do not need to do anything special as you can still use CDO or any of the other services supported by ProductCart to send emails - the sending of Emails by ProductCart is independent of where you host your email.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic