ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using ProductCart API

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meanddreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using ProductCart API
    Posted: 31-July-2012 at 10:29pm
Hello,

I'm trying to access my product cart using Product Cart API developers guide however I feel that it's not feasible to test on live environment. My application is currently in development phase (I'm using C#) and I need some kind of testing environment where I can test your API functions like new orders, etc. Can anybody please tell me about test environment details?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Viresh
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2012 at 11:08pm
very simple.  duplicate your store folder.  duplicate your database.  alter the db connection string in the dev store folder (includes subfolder) to point to the dev database.  instant dev environment...
meanddreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meanddreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-August-2012 at 2:58am
Thank you. I'll try and will let you know. Thanks again.

I'm getting one major issue as follows with ProductCart API:

I'm using following two methods to retrieve NewOrders and GetOrderDetails.

1. Sample New Order response is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<NewOrdersResponse><RequestKey>Q8MYP0A553PLT51</RequestKey><RequestStatus>200</RequestStatus><Count>52</Count><Orders><OrderID>8545</OrderID><OrderID>8546</OrderID><OrderID>8548</OrderID><OrderID>8549</OrderID><OrderID>8550</OrderID><OrderID>8552</OrderID><OrderID>8553</OrderID><OrderID>8554</OrderID></NewOrdersResponse>, etc....

2. Now when I try to call GetOrderDetails by passing this Id it's not returning me actual order instead of it returns me wrong order.

From my testing, I feel that there is a MAJOR bug in API when it tries to return OrderIds. I feel that in one method it's using Primary Key and in other it's using unique key.

Please can you test this again and let me know what's wrong?

Thank you.

Regards,

Viresh

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic