ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Product Review Reminders on Apparel Stores

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product Review Reminders on Apparel Stores
    Posted: 06-November-2013 at 9:57pm
A client with an apparel store where almost all products are apparel products pointed out to me that he could not use the feature for review reminders because it always return the following message:

"Cannot send 'Write a Review' reminder because all products of this order cannot be reviewed."

I discovered that this is because the query that checks for available products doesn't return any records if all items in the order are apparel items. I believe the following correction should be suitable:
'Check availabe products
'<WMS: Fix for orders with all apparel products>
'queryQ="SELECT products.idProduct FROM Products INNER JOIN ProductsOrdered ON Products.idProduct=ProductsOrdered.idProduct WHERE ProductsOrdered.idOrder=" & aryRows(0, intX) & " AND Products.active<>0 AND Products.removed=0 AND (Products.idProduct NOT IN (SELECT pcRE_IDProduct FROM pcRevExc));"
queryQ="SELECT products.idProduct FROM Products INNER JOIN ProductsOrdered ON Products.idProduct=ProductsOrdered.idProduct WHERE ProductsOrdered.idOrder=" & aryRows(0, intX) & " AND ((products.active<>0 AND products.pcprod_Apparel=1) OR (products.pcProd_SPInActive=0 AND products.pcprod_ParentPrd>0)) AND Products.removed=0 AND (Products.idProduct NOT IN (SELECT pcRE_IDProduct FROM pcRevExc));"
The issue is with the different ways "active/inactive" are handled with apparel products.
whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2014 at 2:23pm
What file does this apply to?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2014 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by whizzinpc whizzinpc wrote:

What file does this apply to?

Sorry. That would have been helpful, eh?

/productcart/pcadmin/prv_AutoSendEmails.asp
whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2014 at 3:12pm
FYI.... I tried applything this to our store which has a mix of Apparel and non-Apparel products.... and the emails stopped sending on regular products.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2014 at 10:08pm
My bad.

Not sure how I get this backwards in what I pasted earlier, but the check for standard products should be (products.active<>0 AND products.pcprod_Apparel=0) not (products.active<>0 AND products.pcprod_Apparel=1) ... which of course never be true.

Here's the correction in full:
'Check availabe products
'<WMS: Fix for orders with all apparel products>
'queryQ="SELECT products.idProduct FROM Products INNER JOIN ProductsOrdered ON Products.idProduct=ProductsOrdered.idProduct WHERE ProductsOrdered.idOrder=" & aryRows(0, intX) & " AND Products.active<>0 AND Products.removed=0 AND (Products.idProduct NOT IN (SELECT pcRE_IDProduct FROM pcRevExc));"
queryQ="SELECT products.idProduct FROM Products INNER JOIN ProductsOrdered ON Products.idProduct=ProductsOrdered.idProduct WHERE ProductsOrdered.idOrder=" & aryRows(0, intX) & " AND ((products.active<>0 AND products.pcprod_Apparel=0) OR (products.pcProd_SPInActive=0 AND products.pcprod_ParentPrd>0)) AND Products.removed=0 AND (Products.idProduct NOT IN (SELECT pcRE_IDProduct FROM pcRevExc));"

Either standard products, apparel products or a combination will be returned.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic