ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Problem w/ step 2 "Web Readiness utility" tesing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem w/ step 2 "Web Readiness utility" tesing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sschwant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem w/ step 2 "Web Readiness utility" tesing
    Posted: 01-August-2009 at 9:29am
My hosting company assures me my folder permissions are set correctly, but when I run the test it keeps saying the Product Cart folder permissions are not set correctly.

I have no trouble connecting to the SQL db which is also a test run as well. 

Early Impact assures me this utility is "foolproof", and my host has shown me a script that shows the "success" of test, i.e., the dialog.txt file is both deleted and written...

Two questions (already passed on to support at EI, waiting for their response as well).

1)  Could it be that renaming the PC folder and the admin folder is the root cause of this issue, i.e., could the utility be looking at the original folder?
2) Is there any risk in simply moving past Step 2, and proceeding w/ the Store Activation?

Thanks!

Steve Schwantes
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2009 at 11:22am
#1 - no, not in my experience.
#2 - no, not immediately.  but you will likely run into something that does'nt behave correctly later.

who is the host?
RUOnTheNet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUOnTheNet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2009 at 12:00pm
One of the items that might cause you problems is the email settings.  We have had issues with the folder permissions - and also renamed the admin folder.  For some reason the Admin Control Panel won't recognize these two changes. when 1 ) we try to display the company web logo and 2) more importantly - try to change the emailsettings.asp (Email component setting).  It tries to write to a page that uses the former (default) Admin folder.

Check on these to see if they work for you.  (Dont' want to hijack the thread but it might be similiar after effects).

Alan
Alan,
www.AreYouOnTheNet.com
Internet Sales, Marketing & Affiliate Program Management
JoltDigital View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoltDigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2009 at 3:56pm
You can have a failure of permissions during setup if you change the name of either the productcart or pcadmin folders and did not edit your respective include files to reflect this change.

Edited by JoltDigital - 02-August-2009 at 3:56pm
JoltDigital Inc.
1-888-785-5658
Premium ProductCart Hosting
sschwant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sschwant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2009 at 3:38pm
Ok, thanks all.

Was able to activate the store and access the control panel and save changes to settings, so I think I'm okay now.

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic