ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Navigation in new domain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Navigation in new domain
    Posted: 25-May-2009 at 4:20pm
I used our .net to build and test the cart before going live on our .com.  But the links to the products still reflect the .net and the .net isn't secure like the .com is.  What do I need to do to fix this problem.  During the shopping process, the customer keeps changing back and forth between .com and .net, thus secure/unsecure.

To see for yourself - http://www.creationsensation.com/productcart/pc/home.asp

Click on any product category on the left and the URL changes to .net.

???
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2009 at 4:35pm
Hi,
   I assume you generated the navigation via the admin pages. Regenerate them from the .com stores admin pages and they will take the place of the current ".net" version.
cs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-June-2009 at 5:56pm
I did regenerate the navigation and that did take care of the navigation problem.  Thanks!

I have another related question now - When I go Orders - View all orders - View an Invoice - the invoice says creationsensation.net on it.  It should say creationsensation.com.  This is true of every order that we have taken.  I have been through all the settings and I can not find anything that still says creationsensation.net. 

Help, please?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-June-2009 at 6:51pm
Do you mean the URL under the store address? That's from the includes/storeconstants.asp file, although I'd be surprised if that is incorrect as the variable from there is used all over the store. 
cs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-June-2009 at 7:32pm
Yes, I mean the URL under the store address.  And I think that there are things all over the store that point to .net instead of .com. 

So how do if fix it?  Do I edit the includes/storeconstants.asp file directly, or is there a way to change it from within the control panel?  Where did the information originate?
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-June-2009 at 8:12pm
Hi,  That URL was entered during the setup process. Edit it directly - You may well find the licence key is locked by editing the Store URL, in which case you will then need to raise a support ticket to regain access to the admin pages.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic