ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Batch Printing UPS / FedEx Labels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote webpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Batch Printing UPS / FedEx Labels
    Posted: 20-August-2010 at 1:54pm
Folks,

I'm in the final stages of setting up productCart for a client using the latest version and one of the features they really want to take advantage of is Printing UPS and maybe FedEx labels online from the cart; but with growth and at times having over hundreds of orders a day... I would like to know if anyone out there has come up or had a batch Print option added / customized to there cart?

This would be a great feature for customers with large orders; this way you could go in and choose based on daily orders or which ever way is best to approach this to choose what labels to print...

Let me know?

Thanks in Advance

Paulo

ITistic View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ITistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2010 at 3:30pm
Hi Paulo,

Wouldn't they need to know the weight, package size, and items to be shipped before being able to print these labels? This is why it's best to do one at a time as you're actually picking and processing the shipment.
Shawn Berg
Owner / Project Manager
(877) iTISTIC / (877) 484-7842
webpaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote webpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2010 at 4:25pm
Shawn,

Thanks for the reply... You are some what correct if we are talking about really large orders that need to be split up into multiple boxes; but in my clients case most orders 90% will fit into 1 single box which the label would be based on all items and total weight of order...

Correct me if I'm wrong about this...

Thanks

Paulo

ITistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ITistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-August-2010 at 5:30pm
Hi Paulo,

You're certainly not wrong. You know your client's shipping processes much better than I do! I just wanted to make sure you were thinking about it. Unfortunately I'm not aware of another existing solution or add-on that would solve this problem for you. If you'd like to pursue this as a custom-programmed add-on for your client I'd be happy to discuss this with you.

Thanks!
Shawn Berg
Owner / Project Manager
(877) iTISTIC / (877) 484-7842
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic