ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PHP Version?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PHP Version?
    Posted: 11-January-2008 at 9:12am
Are you guys ever considering developing out a PHP version?  I've used the ASP version for several sites, but I now use a CMS called Expression Engine for all of my work and it runs on PHP.  Hate to have the customer run two different servers for their one site. 

EE works on an PHP enabled Windows server, but its not the best option.  Security issues.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2008 at 9:17am
I've built a couple sites with EE.  It rocks.  Would you care to share some specifics about the security issues please?
grantmx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2008 at 11:03am
Its not that EE sites on a Windows system has some security compromises, its more that EE doesn't seem to run as well because of some of the things Windows Servers require that are weired.  Special way to set folder permissions (being the main culprit), Read/Write access, etc.

Edited by grantmx - 11-January-2008 at 11:04am
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2008 at 11:08am

No plans for a PHP version. The next version of ProductCart will be written using the very latest ASP.NET technology.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic