ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Non-standard quantitative discount help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGatESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non-standard quantitative discount help
    Posted: 19-July-2007 at 4:41pm
Okay, I have a bit of a problem with this one.

The higher-up's want to sell this product that's meant to be a kind of "modular" system.  The product costs $85, but each additional is $45.

How do I set it up so that if someone enters a quantity of one (1), they'll be charged $85, but if they order say three (3) of them, it will calculate as: $85 + $45 + $45; and so on as the quantity is increased?

Any suggestions?
~ Mark G.

ESS, Inc. - www.endoscopy.com
Confetti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Confetti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-July-2007 at 2:48am
Newbie myself, but you can use Discounts.  2 to 2 Discount is $20 ($85+$45=$130-$170=$40/2=$20 @3 Discount is $26.66, @4 Disc is $30, @5 Disc is $32, etc.  Another crazy way is to use Options.  Option 1 "Buy 2"  +$45, Option 2 "Buy 3"  +$90, Option 3 "Buy 3"  +$135.  Obviously, programming would be better, but out of the box this would do if you do not sell 50 at a time.  If you sell 50 at a time, you should have the $$ to program.  Right?  50 = a $2535 sale - Not bad.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic