ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using a coupon with Apparel Item Options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrekLightGear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using a coupon with Apparel Item Options
    Posted: 12-March-2010 at 3:34pm
I've got an item in my store (Double Hammock) setup as an apparel item and would like to offer a % off discount coupon with it. For this item, there is also the option to add an accessory (Hanging Kit) that isn't required but if chosen the cost of the accessory is added to the overall cost of the product. My problem is that any discount that I setup for the hammock is being applied to the total cost (including the optional accessories) and that's not what I'm looking to do. The accessories are separate products and I'm just making it easier for the customer by including them as an option instead of making them have to add it to the cart separately.   

Is there a way to create a coupon that only applies to the base product itself and not to any options that increase the cost of the item?

Thanks!
Seth Haber
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2010 at 9:12pm
Hi Seth,

Unfortunately this is not supported at this time. Electronic coupon always apply to the product(s) total, not individual products.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic