ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Use "process order" to delay gift cert email

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caughlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Use "process order" to delay gift cert email
    Posted: 15-December-2009 at 3:20am
I'd like to control when the recipient of a gift certificate gets their email with their code. i.e. sending them out on Christmas day or a birthday etc.

Right now I have my store set all new orders to 'processed' when they come in (I use only Paypal and have a low risk of fraudulent purchases)

What if I turned that off... and processed everything manually - would that mean that the recipent email wouldn't go out until that particular order was 'processed'? So I could just do it on a later date.

Hope that makes sense... any thoughts?
stacelynn

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2009 at 6:04pm
That's correct. The e-mail is sent out when the Gift Certificate is created, and that happens only at the time an order is processed.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
caughlan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caughlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2009 at 6:54pm
thanks - people will def prefer to choose a date for the email to go out, I just hadn't thought of this work-around before!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic